Wow.

Options
nicolelee333
nicolelee333 Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
So much for support or constructive criticism, I thought this was supposed to be a site for people with similar goals, to share advice, struggles ect. Oh well, nothin but love from over here, best of luck with your goals to all of you.

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Please name those secret "toxins"?
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'll just leave this here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse#latest

Name specific toxins you are apparently "detoxing".
    I do have a theory that since toxins bond to fat I got rid of the majority of long held toxins the first cleans and the fat that was bonded to them. Having much less toxins(given the effect the first cleanse had on my daily lifestyle thereafter) there wasn't much toxin-related fat left to lose, not sure any of that is logical but honestly is really irrelevant.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    not sure any of that is logical but honestly is really irrelevant. . .I strongly suggest a cleanse (short cleanse with approval and /or supervision from a physician) for anyone who like me struggles with a bit of a food addiction. Good luck all!

If you aren't sure if your argument isn't logical, shouldn't you work on it until it is?

If my physician supported me cutting food out of my diet on the theory that I was "addicted" to food, I would look for another one. If it requires supervision from a physician, then it probably isn't a good idea for the general public.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    Please name those secret "toxins"?

They're bound to fat. And for some reason, you should attempt to release them into your body as quickly as possible.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Strong first post there... Cleanses... personal theories with no basis in fact... secret toxinz which somehow "bind to fat"...

Starting strong out of the gate!
  • punchgut
    punchgut Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    OOOoooh, this is gonna be good.

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    The best reason to go on a cleanse in my opinion, is the way it changes the way you look at food as well as the relationship you have with food.

So the best reason for a cleanse is that it changes your relationship with food by essentially employing masochism: unnecessary suffering = reward = goodness.

That's not something I can get behind. A person could achieve exactly the same results by better means in my opinion.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    So much for support or constructive criticism, I thought this was supposed to be a site for people with similar goals, to share advice, struggles ect. Oh well, nothin but love from over here, best of luck with your goals to all of you.

Here's my advice: Detoxes and cleanses are bunk and unnecessary.
  • punchgut
    punchgut Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Still waiting for the liver/kidney explanations.

Dang, brought it up myself....

FYI - they're detoxing you continually, even from the juicing starvation plan.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Support doesn't mean blindly agreeing with all post. As for constructive criticism, I happen to see a lot of it here. I suppose it's all in the eye of the beholder here.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    God bless the block-quoters. Life makes sense...because of you (and despite the toxins).
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

I only speak for myself here but I cannot support or respect a position that I perceive can cause unnecessary harm or suffering to another human being. I will say something in those circumstances.

For clarity that does not mean I intend to disrespect you however or draw any conclusions about your integrity and so forth.

All the best to you.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

Mean people thread
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    60098923.jpg