Danger Foods!!!

Options
What are your top 3 danger foods and how do you avoid eating them??? Mine are chunky chips, chocolate and cheese!!! I honestly struggle not to eat them!!!

Replies

• mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Mine would be pasta, pizza, & chocolate. However, I don't totally avoid them. If I'm craving it, I just eat it as long as it's in my calorie goal. I try not to have them often though because they are high calorie foods which allows me less for the day. But yeah, those are my guilty pleasures :)
  • Janet1608
    Janet1608 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Pizza, potato crisps and wine. I still have pizza but have swopped my toppings to veg only. Its a Saturday night treat in our house and I make it myself so that I can regulate the amount of cheese. I buy only diet/low fat crisps and they are only allowed as a treat.Finally wine has been banned. But I do allow myself the occasional vermouth and soda. Much fewer calories.
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Cookies, ice cream and pizza! I struggle with it everyday because come evening time I crave sweets....I am training myself self control because I have one cookie and I need to have 10. I just try not to have those items in the house. If I'm out and am offered something sweet I make sure to have a small portion to avoid over eating.
  • annas987
    annas987 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Mine are definitely:

1. Chips
    2. Ice Cream
    3. Sodas

I'm convinced I'd be super fit if they didn't exist!!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    really good bread. soft, squishy in the center... Yum yum yum. have eaten a whole loaf to myself several times.
  • DeAnna_DMBFan
    DeAnna_DMBFan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1. Peanuts
    2. Beer
    3. See the two above
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Bread and Cake
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. Cheese. Pizza. Pasta. Beer. Wine.

I used to be huge into sweets when I got pregnant, but eating a Snickers bar every day for 5-6 months cures you of that.

Those are the reasons I'm here, anyway.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Chocolate
    Breads
    Chocolate (again)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Moldy food
    Expired food
    Food that I didn't like

I toss them into the garbage.
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Pizza- I will sit there and eat 4 slices if I'm left alone.
    Any sweet baked goods- cookies, cake, and pie.
    Chinese Food- The bad take-out kind. Chow mein and orange chicken.

It feels good to get those danger foods out in the open. :p
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I can over-eat pretty much any food.. So, my lack of self control would be my issue.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Anything with Razor blades
  • manders_b
    manders_b Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Cheese! Fresh baked bread and mashed potatoes are a close 2 and 3.

I try to fit them into my daily goal by planning to let myself have them and logging accordingly. I also started buying my "danger foods" in smaller quantities. I am not to be trusted with large quantities of cheese and bread!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Mayo I've left out overnight.
    Medium rare chicken
    Ice cream pints that need to be finished.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    1. Little Debbies: I finally ate just one yesterday, instead of the entire box. Pretty proud of myself.

2. Potato chips: I have finally found a way to eat them in moderation. The sea salt and black pepper kettle chips are delicious. The pepper on them is so strong that one serving is all I need to feel satisfied.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Right now all foods,.. Except the healthy stuff I'm supposed to be eating, somehow I don't seem to have a problem avoiding that.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Anything with Razor blades
    Legit.

But seriously, all food is food. I treat all food the same, as in nothing is bad, and if I want something I fit it in.

Moderation.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call them dangerous but I am more likely to overeat something like crackers, cheese, or chips. I don't avoid eating them.
    I log my day in advance so I know what will fit my calorie goal for the day. I measure my planned portion out and put it on a small plate or bowl. I put the package away and leave the kitchen. I drink water whenever I eat so for every bite I am taking a drink or 2 of water.
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Potato chips with Top the Tater dip, nachos with cheese, chocolate, ice cream, crackers, freshly baked homemade bread with butter, cookies, muffins, donuts, cheesecake, brownies. Moderation can be difficult, but I am still attempting occasional moderation as I do not want to give up these foods for a lifetime. Too many calories to fit most of the time.