Strength training

Options
Hey guys
I wondered if anyone could help me out,I'm excersising most days,I do about 30 mins cardio and the rest is strength training.when I enter my activities into myfitnesspal it gives me a 'calories burned' for the cardio,but not for my strength training.i am wondering if I'm doing something wrong?any ideas? Thanks chums :-)

Replies

• cmseronka
    cmseronka Posts: 14
    Options
    I believe you have to enter "Strength Training" seperately. There is a heading and you just keep track of the time spent. It will calculate calories burned based on your profile.
  • boriquaprp
    boriquaprp Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Type in strength training or weight lifting in the cardio part. It's not accurate but atleast its something. I keep a log of my strength training excercises under the strength training section for my own reference.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yup, they got it, the strength training section is just to help you track weight/reps etc.
  • simoneevans52
    Options
    Thanks guys :-) great help
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    boriquaprp wrote: »
    Type in strength training or weight lifting in the cardio part. It's not accurate but atleast its something.
    The "Strength Training" and "Circuit Training" entries are about 90% of what Harvard Medical says people burn during those activities. So there's some basis for it if you choose the right entry--but yeah, it's annoying that it doesn't know when you worked harder or lighter. :smile:
  • simoneevans52
    Options
    I spend ages in the gym and in my head I need to know that I've burned cals so when I get home and log ALL of my excersise it tells me I've only burned 200 cals,but I've worked out how to do it now so feeling positive today :-)