Scales

Options
So, after getting so frustrated with my digital scales jumping up and down and being able to get three different weights 3 times in a row in the space of a minute, I thought I'd go out and buy a cheap pair of mechanical scales..

Now, the cheap mechanical scales are trying to tell me I weigh like 260lbs, where as my original digital ones come up with like 228. Now I'm indecided which scale to believe, but seriously hoping it is my original digital scales..

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Put a weight on the scale. If the scale reads 5 lbs and it's a 5 lb weight you know it's right. If it is off, up or down, then just adjust your weight accordingly.
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    Yes, definitely try putting a dumbbell weight on there and see which one is accurate based on the weight of the dumbbell.
  • bex22mcn
    bex22mcn Posts: 90
    Options
    WOW that's a hell of a difference! My scales keep saying 8888 then turning off (even after changing the battery) I have resided to weighing at Boots (a pharmacy chain in England if you are from over the pond!) maybe you could try that once since I assume these places have to keep their scales serviced to see which scales are right!