68# Lost...my journey so far (w/ pics)

Options
ShellyKay67
ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
100_1454-1-1-3.jpg
100_1438.jpg

I started my journey to becoming the healthiest me possible in January 2010. I was a mess! No energy, no desire for anything and NO motivation. I knew I was the only one that could make it happen and I was very worried about my health!
SO, I decided to dedicate everything I had to getting healthy!

I started by writing down everything I ate on paper to control my calories. (Hadn't discovered MFP yet.) I also slowly added exercise by riding a stationary bike, lifting weights and using a stability ball. I didn't last too long in the beginning, but it was amazing week after week if I pushed myself, I would last longer and could go faster, etc.
Eventually I started going to a fitness center to work out lifting weights and using the elliptical and really got serious on eating food that is good fuel for the body. Luckily I do enjoy "healthy" food. Love vegetables and fruit.

Do I occasionally eat something that might not be so good for me? Yes, BUT, with my new lifestyle, it isn't very often and I DO NOT let it get me off track. I never use it as an excuse to say, "Well, I screwed up, there is no point in going on now" like I always did for years. I just get right back on track!!! (And quite frankly, I usually don't feel very good after eating "crapola").

I feel SO good now and can't imagine not working out and eating good. It is my lifestyle now after 15 months and I do NOT miss my old way of life at all. It's a little challenging getting the last 10# or so off, but it in NO WAY makes me stop what I'm doing. I am still toning and have actually lost another pant size even though I've hardly lost any weight. THIS IS WHY you shouldn't "obsess" over the scale as much at times. It flucuates alot and sometimes even though the scale isn't really moving, you are still losing inches by toning and burning fat. I have lost 68# and feel better than I did 10 years ago. I'm so thankful I decided to take control of my extremely unhealthy life and become the best me I can be!
I have gotten off 2 cholesterol meds and my blood pressure medicine I took for over 10 years! AWESOME!!!
I wish everyone good luck on their journey........and just remember........YOU can do it and YOU are worth it!

Replies

• BrokenSpirit
    Options
    now that s motivation!!,lol congradulations on your amazing journey!! you give me hope and boost!!! you look awsome!!!!!!!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    absolutely wonderful-

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!!!
    I love your positive attitude & motivation ;)
    Congrats on you success thus far......amazing!
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Amazing success story!!! You're right, it's all about the LIFESTYLE change, not a fad. In this world, you gotta leave room for "indulging" in the not-so-healthy, but recognizing that eating healthy overall is the best thing. Slow and steady wins the race - and you've done an incredible job!
  • Mariposa7
    Mariposa7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!! Congrats and thanks for sharing!
  • Kappyoc
    Kappyoc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome job!
  • pearlof69
    pearlof69 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to share. You look amazing - hat's off to you.
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. It's stories like yours that are truly inspirational. I too am on many medications that I would like to be rid of permanently. I wish you success in achieving your ultimate goal. Congrats on being healthy!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Shelley Kay - you are doing so great. I love to see how hard you've worked for such success. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • scooter76
    scooter76 Posts: 12
    Options
    Congrats!!! Very encouraging, thank you!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a very inspirational story. Thanks so much for sharing your story and pictures with us. Congratulations on your fantastic success.
  • dstikeleather
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this. You are truly an inspiration! You are proof that once we set our minds to do something, we are a force to be reckoned with! You look great! Thanks for sharing your inspiring journey.
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your amazing story and positive attitude! You look fabulous!! :flowerforyou:
  • gabbylisa17
    Options
    YOU LOOK FANTASTIC! GOOD WORK!!!!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this. You are truly an inspiration! You are proof that once we set our minds to do something, we are a force to be reckoned with! You look great! Thanks for sharing your inspiring journey.

Thank you!! YES......it's such a mindset! Set your goals, reach for them and achieve them!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • abjelica
    abjelica Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow, you are real example what life change means. You look fantastic and you inspire all of us every day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!