pure protein mix ideas

Options
waverly9876
waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
Hey. I have a huge container of pure protein vanilla creme powder mix and blueberries. I also have peanut butter, and vanilla yogurt. Anyone have any ideas on which items to put in a smoothie? Thanks

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    how does pure protein taste..? I haven't been able to find one that I particularly like....
  • snowflakelaia
    snowflakelaia Posts: 214
    Options
    all these sound good.

sometimes I've added strawberries, (almond) milk, bananas, oatmeal, cinnammon, etc
  • waverly9876
    Options
    Do I put in water?
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I would mix the blue berries and pp powder with some milk. You could also try some milk, some yogurt and berries. You've got it. I use the chocolate, and milk and a banana. :)
  • waverly9876
    Options
    Thank you!
  • oooamyooo
    oooamyooo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My experience with protein powders, is that its better in milk, than in water. I use the kind you get at Walmart in the 2lb can. I never mixed the vanilla with anything, but the chocolate is good mixed with peanut butter. Get a blender and put your milk, chocolate protein powder, and a scoop or so of peanut butter with some ice and it taste, to me, like a reese's milk shake.
  • th1nkth1nmama
    th1nkth1nmama Posts: 158
    Options
    I've done water a spoon full of peanut butter and banana! Yum! If I have calories left over sometimes I do milk. Love yogurt in it, and or strawberries, blueberries, raspberries. I have a friend that does nutella.
  • ZombiePaulaDeen
    ZombiePaulaDeen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Be careful with cheap protein powders, they're often watered down with sugar, and the nutrition facts label is NOT accurate.

As far as shake additives, sugar free orange metamucil gets my vote. I know it sounds weird but it turns a mediocre vanilla shake into an awesome orange creamsicle experience. Plus fiber doesn't hurt.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Do I put in water?

A smoothie absolutely must have milk to taste yummy IMO but of course you want a large smoothie for little calories as well.

I found that 1/2 cup skim milk with 2/3 cup water and 3/4 cup of ice cubes is delicious with chocolate protein powder and 1/2 a frozen banana. The banana whips up to thicken the shake and it is a huge XL serving for <220 cals depending on your protein powder.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Be careful with cheap protein powders, they're often watered down with sugar, and the nutrition facts label is NOT accurate.

Not in all cases. My protein powder, a store brand called Healthy Planet is 123 cals, 44mg sodium, 0g carbs, 0g fats, 0g fibre, 26g protein and 0g of sugars for $29 Cdn for 5lbs so it is SOOOOOOO CHEAP! Even cheaper than Walmart's Body Fortress brand which is $19 Cdn for 2 lbs. A nutrition lable not being accurate? Kind of violates laws now doesn't it? Inaccuracies are one thing i.e. 0g sugar when they mean 3 but 0g of sugar but really 20 is a clear violation, never heard of such a thing.
  • MTLumps
    MTLumps Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    how does pure protein taste..? I haven't been able to find one that I particularly like....

I like 100% Any Whey protein powder from Optimum Nutrition - it really does not have any flavor so you can add anything to it. Sometimes I use it to make muffins and I put it in my oatmeal in the mornings and in smoothies. You can buy it at GNC stores but it is kind of spendy. I found I could get twice the amount for the same price at bodybuilding.com.