Advice please! :)

Options
I just wanna make sure I'm on the right track to burning the little bit of lower tummy fat I have. I'm 5ft 2in and weigh 120. I workout 6 days a week 3 days of circuit training and 3 days of 15 min HIIT cardio sessions. I eat mostly whole organic foods and keep my carb intake low. Am I on the right track? 7m980dhkdirz.jpg

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I think you might get more mileage if you included weight training.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

This, I didn't lose my "mom" belly until I increased my lean muscle mass.
  • kaseymarie55
    kaseymarie55 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I've just recently had a lot of people tell me I need to stop doing cardio. Should I just weight train and stop HIIT?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    What and how much you eat will determine fat loss. And you should know, you cannot spot reduce. The cardio should be used to improve your overall fitness, not weight loss (although it can complement a good diet).

Lifting heavy (not circuit training, but real strength training) will give you a more athletic look and help you improve your body composition.
  • kaseymarie55
    kaseymarie55 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What and how much you eat will determine fat loss. And you should know, you cannot spot reduce. The cardio should be used to improve your overall fitness, not weight loss (although it can complement a good diet).

Lifting heavy (not circuit training, but real strength training) will give you a more athletic look and help you improve your body composition.

I see! Thanks for helping :)