Herbal life

Options
Anyone in here doing the herbal life diet? Or interested in doing it?

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Luckily, 99% of the people on this board no that Herbal Life is unnecessary and crap product using subpar ingredients. It is an MLM scam designed to take advantage of the gullible.
  • shakiekhatun
    Options
    Oh no! I've just invested money into it. Can I ask how you know? Have you done it?
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Can always count on the MFP forums to attack. I'm going to start with a Shakeology shake, down a slim quick, run down to grab a thrive patch and workout. Is this OK? Anyone want to join? I can sell you.. I mean ask you about it.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    KevDaniel wrote: »
    Can always count on the MFP forums to attack. I'm going to start with a Shakeology shake, down a slim quick, run down to grab a thrive patch and workout. Is this OK? Anyone want to join? I can sell you.. I mean ask you about it.
    Don't hate on my daily schedule!
  • DosEquisToGo
    Options
    I've done it - wasted my money. It's not normal eating. I only did it to help my niece start her business. She's not doing it any more - she didn't have happy things to say about it. It's all MLM - they didn't care if she sold it, they wanted her to RECRUIT! RECRUIT! RECRUIT!
  • shakiekhatun
    Options
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I've used their products and really liked them. I thought they were good quality.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You will never learn to eat right, you will pay a lot of money for crappy ingredients and you will drive away friends and family (and get banned from MFP) if you pester people into buying into the MLM scheme....
    If you already bought it, use the shakes as an emergency meal replacement if you are starving at work or on the run, but dont bank on losing AND KEEPING FAT OFF with their diet....l
  • shakiekhatun
    Options
    I'm not pestering anyone into buying anything. Simply asked a question about a product.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife and I personally like it. I only use their shakes for protein only. It works for me but then again, I only drink the shakes.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    After seeing what it did to my best friend (it sent her to the ER) I stay as far away as possible from those products.
  • berz82
    berz82 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    youre probably better with a whey protein supplement, did it cost much?
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Living in Utah, the MLM capital of the world, I've seen lots of companies come and go. HerbaLife has managed to stay around awhile - at least long enough to build a huge fancy headquarters. Like most MLM's the goal is to sell products through distributors and get those distributors to recruit others to sell products. I've never met someone who used Herbalife for the long term (and I know lots who have tried their products).

My recommendation - stay clear. Eat real food, eat a a deficit, and you'll lose the pounds you want while retaining/increasing your health.
  • RWAyers
    RWAyers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was 35lbs heavier and gaining, at nearly 250lbs. That's when my MD sat me down with a "Come to Jesus" meeting about my borderline blood test numbers for Type II diabetes, Hypertension and other obesity diseases. All I know about Herbalife is, it has changed my life. My MD was surprised with the weight I lost and said "keep doing what you're doing". If using Herbalife is a mistake, I'll be happy to commit more mistakes like this.

Yes, I am big on healthy fresh food. They are essential. Eating "clean" and still getting enough nutrition, such as protein IMO, requires a lot of food and hard to avoid unwanted calories, fat and sugar. I found out its a lot easier to get my numbers right using Herbalife.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    They are essential. Eating "clean" and still getting enough nutrition, such as protein IMO, requires a lot of food and hard to avoid unwanted calories, fat and sugar. I found out its a lot easier to get my numbers right using Herbalife.
    Why does eating "clean" require hard to avoid unwanted calories, fat and sugar?

Also, please don't claim to eat clean as Herballife is about as processed as it gets.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    berz82 wrote: »
    youre probably better with a whey protein supplement, did it cost much?

Or maybe real food? :smile:

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm hesitant of MLM companies where most of the people selling it don't know squat about the product they are selling.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Randy954 wrote: »
    I was 35lbs heavier and gaining, at nearly 250lbs. That's when my MD sat me down with a "Come to Jesus" meeting about my borderline blood test numbers for Type II diabetes, Hypertension and other obesity diseases. All I know about Herbalife is, it has changed my life. My MD was surprised with the weight I lost and said "keep doing what you're doing". If using Herbalife is a mistake, I'll be happy to commit more mistakes like this.

Yes, I am big on healthy fresh food. They are essential. Eating "clean" and still getting enough nutrition, such as protein IMO, requires a lot of food and hard to avoid unwanted calories, fat and sugar. I found out its a lot easier to get my numbers right using Herbalife.

Why must this be in all BOLD? Will bolding it convince me? Uh, nope. :noway: