Seattle Area Anyone?

Options
aam117
aam117 Posts: 284 Member
so, i've been using MFP for a few months, but just recently starting to utilize the message boards and groups. my initial "why" for wanting to workout and eat healthier was really mostly about the vanity, i'll admit, but the "secondary" motivation is overtaking that. yes, i still want to get lean and toned, but i am more concerned about overall health. i have been fortunate to be pretty healthy, no major medical issues, no medications, etc. up to now and i want to re-develop better habits and stop taking my health for granted. there are some medical conditions in my family history (and in many cases made worse by the patient not putting in the effort to make healthy changes) that i REALLY don't want to end up dealing with myself if i can help it.
i am working to be more consistent with working out and eating well, and would love to find some people, especially in the Seattle area, who have the same attitude towards living a healthy lifestyle (but not too extreme, i won't give up ever having dessert or an adult beverage, etc.). :smile:

Replies

• alyssagilbert
    Options
    Hi!
    I also live in Seattle and would love to have some friends to help motivate me to workout more and consistently eat healthy! Add me!
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I live and work in Seattle! Its nice having people online but would love to meet up with people to go run Greenlake, find good (healthy) places to eat, and maybe check out some new workout classes around town.
  • sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm not in Seattle but I am in WA st. I am looking for friends to give/receive support. feel free to add me :)
  • jcherry1004
    jcherry1004 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also live in Seattle, just moved here about a month ago. Looking to make friends to be healthy with :)
  • jneen29
    jneen29 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I'm on the same page. I live in south Seattle area. I'm not a hard core jogger/runner but I'd be down to run Greenlake, Seward Park, or somewhere else sometime. Or simply share advice.
  • aam117
    Options
    i'm not much of a runner either (i've had knee issues in the past) but an easy jog that isn't super long i'd probably be up for. or hiking, checking out a class somewhere, healthy places to eat, or just helping to keep each other on track sounds great! this weather we've been having lately especially is making me want to be out and about more. :smile:
  • jneen29
    Options
    Hiking somewhere cool with a group of ladies would be fun! I'm totally down for that!
  • santosm0521
    santosm0521 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Seattle here. I see u logged in 20 so far, me to :) keep up the good work!! :)
  • jneen29
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Cove to Clover 5K next weekend in Burien... anyone interested?!?
    It has an awesome winding upward "snakezilla" section. Goes through Normandy Park and ends in "downtown" Burien. I did it two years ago - very fun. As I said I don't run much but it'd be a great challenge. I MIGHT be able to keep a 6mph pace. (Could also walk it... ha!) :#
    http://www.covetoclover.com
  • Darkchocolate1985
    Options
    I'm not in Seattle, but I'm in Washington. Been on here for few months would love to participate in any health and fitness activity/discussion going on
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    aam117 wrote: »
    i'm not much of a runner either (i've had knee issues in the past) but an easy jog that isn't super long i'd probably be up for. or hiking, checking out a class somewhere, healthy places to eat, or just helping to keep each other on track sounds great! this weather we've been having lately especially is making me want to be out and about more. :smile:

Hiking! Yes! I lived in Seattle most of my life and haven't done that much hiking. Most of the hiking I've done is easy, flat, or paved and I'd like to start really seeing my state. I would love to go hiking with a fun group now that the weather is getting more beautiful!
  • may2490
    may2490 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Is there a group for Seattle people that I could Join? I am moving to the seattle area within the next 2 weeks. Would love the friendship and accountability of people on the same healthy lifestyle journey. Feel free to add me.
  • aam117
    Options
    sounds like hiking is something that is catching everyone's interest. maybe we should set a date/time to meet up and get it done? saturdays are usually no good for me, but a sunday would work! and really, the more the merrier :smile:
  • Dadof3bbg2
    Options
    Jimmy Graham is in the Seattle area now! Big trade!!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    north ender here! Marysville
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Dadof3bbg2 wrote: »
    Jimmy Graham is in the Seattle area now! Big trade!!

:D
  • aam117
    Options
    meh. i'm a broncos fan :smiley:
  • PNW_livin
    PNW_livin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I live and work on the eastside and would love to make some local friends with the same lifestyle choices and attitude towards health. I've wanted to do some 5k or 10k runs and could use the extra motivation, maybe we can motivate each other. Feel free to add me :)
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    5K coming up this Sunday, March 15.
    http://stpatsdash.com/
  • PNW_livin
    PNW_livin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm in..anyone else?