I am ALWAYS TIRED, what gets you going?

Options
No matter how many hours of sleep I get I am so tired all day from the time I get up until the time I go to bed. I have to get at least 9 hours of sleep, anything less I can barely function. I have gotten blood test done and everything is Good and that's good news , but what is wrong with me then? I love to run and yesterday was the first day I could weather permitting and I felt great! Maybe its just the season? What do you guys do for energy that is healthy? My 4 cups of coffee a day is getting me no where.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Working out
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Have you had a physical to make sure everything is in good standing?
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Extra vitamin B and C. 20 minute power nap during lunch.
  • vmt2010
    vmt2010 Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yep, just had a physical in January. Everything looked good. I do take a multi-vitamin everyday..doesn't seem to help much.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Here's a suggestion for you if you find tracking difficult.

Find out how many calories you need to lose weight.

Divide them into the number of meals you eat. (Example: 1500 calories÷3 meals = 500 p/meal)

Google 500 calorie recipes. Get some go-to meals. Write down some options for breakfast and lunch, and just stick with those options.

When you cook dinner, fill half your plate with whatever you cooked, and fill the other half with vegetables.
  • Leana088
    Options
    Eeek. Wrong post.
  • vmt2010
    Options
    Leana088 wrote: »
    Eeek. Wrong post.

Haha that's okay! Thanks for the info anyways!

• beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    id check back with your dr. you should not be shleping through the day on 9 hours of sleep and 4 cups of coffee. have you had a sleep study done? you could have sleep apnea and not know it?
    or how overweight are you that could be a factor as well on your energy (and quality of sleep)
  • vmt2010
    Options
    beamer0821 wrote: »
    id check back with your dr. you should not be shleping through the day on 9 hours of sleep and 4 cups of coffee. have you had a sleep study done? you could have sleep apnea and not know it?
    or how overweight are you that could be a factor as well on your energy (and quality of sleep)

I thought about doing the sleep test..I'm actually not overweight I have a bmi of 23.something so its not terrible. I could eat a little healthier.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    a couple of possibilities:

- are you sure you're eating enough? Under eating can make you feel like you have no energy
    - it could be the season. For me, I find that in the winter, I'm sluggish, and I just want to hibernate. My energy levels improve when the weather does
    - how is the balance of your macros? I find that in the winter, I crave starchy carbs, and while I do need some to fuel my running, if find that I feel better (and less sluggish) when I have a more balanced macro ratio.
  • Leana088
    Options
    vmt2010 wrote: »
    Leana088 wrote: »
    Eeek. Wrong post.

Haha that's okay! Thanks for the info anyways!

Sorry, phone app. Lol

But since I'm here I read your post too.

I'm anemic and have a near-constant iron deficiency, that makes me constantly tired. Believe it or not, I've noticed exercise helping.

The more I sit around doing nothing, and the more I sleep, the more tired I get. Staying active helps me a lot.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The only time I've been tired like that is in early pregnancy.

Now I have 3 young kids, so 9 hours sleep to me sounds like a luxury! Coffee helps me, as does exercise and fresh air.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Is there any chance that you could have sleep apnea or another sleep disorder? It sounds like you are not getting a restful sleep.

As counterintuitive as it sounds, exercise is the thing that keeps me energized. If I don't get two hours of exercise a day (usually about half casual, half intense) I do not feel my best.
  • jrdouce
    jrdouce Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How well are you sleeping? I was like that for years, I had chronic sinus issues so I was breathing poorly all night long, never getting quality rest. I finally got some meds that worked, took them for 3 years while I got more serious about my exercise, now no meds and better sleep.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I was having this same exact problem. Blood test was fine. I bought a new bed as mine was 10 years old and now I sleep a lot better and am less tired. Also, do you take vitamins?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    You said they did a blood test, so there is NO chance of pregnancy?
  • vmt2010
    Options
    -Nope not pregnant! I even checked myself a couple times because people kept telling me this is how the felt when they were pregnant.
    - It'sbeen a while now maybe a year that I have been feeling like this. I never sleep through the entire night. I wake up multiple times but am only awake for a few minutes before I go back to sleep.
    - I am taking Women's One a day for a multivitamin.
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    -Nope not pregnant! I even checked myself a couple times because people kept telling me this is how the felt when they were pregnant.
    - It's been a while now maybe a year that I have been feeling like this. I never sleep through the entire night. I wake up multiple times but am only awake for a few minutes before I go back to sleep.

Do you keep a fairly consistent wake/go to bed time, even on weekends? Sometimes that will throw off sleep.

You said they did blood tests, but are there any other symptoms besides just tired? Sometimes other symptoms can help narrow down what a doctor checks for.

Are you in or near menopause? My mom said she was exhausted all the time like that a year before she hit it.

any extra stress can sometimes bring that on?

Mostly I wish you good health, good sleep and an answer to your riddle.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    - It'sbeen a while now maybe a year that I have been feeling like this. I never sleep through the entire night. I wake up multiple times but am only awake for a few minutes before I go back to sleep.

Okay, I would seriously seek a second opinion (different doctor). Hopefully exercise is helping.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Try a good quality multiB supplement. They give me a noticeable boost.