ISO: Low cal pizza recipes

Options
LifeInAWay
LifeInAWay Posts: 50 Member
Does anyone know of any low cal pizza recipes? (Other than cauliflower crust). I miss pizza and I'm getting desperate. (Not desperate enough to binge. Just enough to make me cranky LOL). Please and thank you. Hope everyone is doing well.

Replies

• dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    You can switch to tortilla shells as a crust, use the packaged thin crust pizzas. I personally like to take a large portabello mushroom cap and fill with meat sauce and top with mozzarella and bake. Eggplant and zucchini work well too just bake them alone for a few minutes to pull out some of the moisture, top with your favorites then bake.
  • smlewis63
    smlewis63 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Use a whole wheat pita from the deli section. Bake it at 350 with olive oil and some garlic powder for 5 minutes, then add your sauce and toppings, measure them out, you will use less than you think, bake for ~ 15 minutes at 350/ roasted chicken is good or turkey pepperoni, 2% cheese, lots of vegetables
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Whether right or wrong... I plan to eat pizza once a month. I eat 2-3 slices ( depending if we got a large or small pizza) and enjoy every bit of it. I make sure I have a good workout that morning and the day after. I don't over do it because I know I can have it next month.
    It really has worked for my husband and I. It was the only take out I couldn't give up. I would rather workout extra and have the good stuff. I enjoy it more now.
    With that said I am open to someone's suggestions for a healthier version.
    Sorry I didn't help you!!!
  • thismamarox
    thismamarox Posts: 105 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    http://www.sandyskitchenadventures.com has quite a few low cal and low carb options. She has a Cauliflower crust pizza, but you can use tortillas or pitas like mentioned above. If you want something a little smaller, I have made them out of English muffins. They were great!
  • LifeInAWay
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. I can't wait to try something new. :)
  • Nessa489
    Nessa489 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Maybe not exactly what yer looking for, but I've been loving triscuit mini pizzas, good yet so easy... 7-8 regular sized triscuits, dab of pizza sauce & pizza seasoning on each, and then pieces of low fat string cheese and microwave for 30 seconds.
  • LifeInAWay
    Options
    Nessa489 wrote: »
    Maybe not exactly what yer looking for, but I've been loving triscuit mini pizzas, good yet so easy... 7-8 regular sized triscuits, dab of pizza sauce & pizza seasoning on each, and then pieces of low fat string cheese and microwave for 30 seconds.

That is an incredible idea. I bet my daughter would LOVE that! :) Thank you!
  • annbrierley350
    annbrierley350 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have 2 teenage boys and started doing these pizzas, after tasting them I would never ever buy shop bought pizza again as the flavour is so lovely and fresh!

My eldest son has currently lost 34lb since October and is now a size 30 inch waist, he is at university and makes these pizzas as part of his healthy eating and loves them

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/655446
  • yelandaking713
    yelandaking713 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've also tried the Italian pita bread as a crust for my pizza. I pre-bake it for about 10 minutes then added prego pizza sauce, pepperoni, sautéed veggies, ricotta cheese, and a table spoon of mozzarella. I then baked it for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese was bubbly. It was delish!
  • gingee_13
    gingee_13 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use flat bread as the dough and laughing cow cheese as the " sauce"....yum!
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    as others have mentioned i use a pita bread for the crust make my own sauce from crushed tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. fits the bill without breaking the bank =)

ive also found that grated my own mozzarella cheese is better than buying the pre-shred i don't know why but its better...

or I've also made my own pizza crust in a bread maker.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i don't know about you but i could not do a tortilla for my crust...but to each their own great if it works!
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Haha, sounds like we have a lot of great recipes for pizza shaped objects.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I still eat Pizza.... I just do more exercise :smile:
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Here's what I usually make. You can take out the chicken if it's still too high cal.

435 cal
    54g pro
    15g fat
    30g carb
    10g fiber

PhotoGrid_1395947798970_zps67uroalk.jpg
  • freechewy
    freechewy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My husband and I split a small pizza once a week, I just make sure we have extra veggies on it if we get sausage or we eat a vegetarian one.

Having said this, I love the suggestions on here. I will try some of them.
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I used to use pita bread, but just switched to flat bread. I use Ragu homestyle sauce and kraft fat free mozzarella cheese.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Lots of ideas for protein pizza bases here at protein pow

http://proteinpow.com/category/food-category/protein-pizza

I made one this on here.

http://proteinpow.com/2014/11/spicy-chicken-protein-pizza-gluten-free.html

252 calories and 28g of protein in the base. Tasted okay (not as good as the white flour version) and it was veeerrrryyyy filling compared to a normal pizza base.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Lavash is great as the crust as well
  • AshLynn3254
    AshLynn3254 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been using light or whole grain English muffins, toasted for a minute first. Top with a bit of whatever pizza sauce you like (I think I used Prego) orrrr my favorite is just topping with a bit of olive oil and minced garlic - either one is good. Top with fresh mozzarella, basil, tomatoes or turkey pepperoni, baked for 5-6 minutes then I turn up the broiler to make the cheese super bubbly. I don't have calorie info off the top of my head but I can put it together for you if you'd like.