Alcohol. Devil or Scapegoat?

Options
2»

Replies

• Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    OK, so two dark beers at a total of 350 calories, that is 1-3% of your weekly caloric allowance. Factor it in if you like to have the occasional brew! Seems like a nit at your rate of consumption :)

Disclaimer: beer was one of the things I cut out of my own plan, but it wasn't just a couple a week. It was one a night with dinner and a 1-2 with dinner on the weekend nights. That did add up to quite a bit, so it was easy to cut it out and replace with diet soda or water. That let me eat more solid food. That said, I do put some bourbon in the soda occasionally, but even then the calories are a lot lower than beers.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I just plan it into my calories. I would make sure to have a good workout and I would only have a few on Saturday night. I did end up cutting that down a lot because I started to train for a marathon and lets face it to run when hung over is no fun. :D
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I drink, probably too much, and still lose.

It's a reason why I don't lose quicker but I'm ok with that. I've cut down and switched to lower calorie choices (used to love the Jagerbombs on a night out!) and fit it into my day. It's fine :)
  • rjsnau
    rjsnau Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    As everyone says, if it fits in it is fine. I love a good craft beer but when I started counting I realized I would much rather have a scoop of ice cream rather than a drink so that is what I do. I pretty much cut out any drink with calories as I would rather eat food. Once I am done loosing I plan to add beer back into the mix while still holding a maintaining calorie amount.
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Drinking is the reason I "eat back" my exercise calories... I'm still losing. :)
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I still enjoy a glass or two of beer/wine every now and then. I just make sure that I have enough calories for the day.