to run or not to run

Options
I'm having difficulty in my fitness journey. I am within my weight goal, so I tend to do a balanced mixture of cardio and working out. Where I jog on the weekends twice and workout during the week three times. Recently I've been given the opportunity to run with an organization that enjoys jogging as much as I do. My only problem is, I've been trying to increase my muscle mass since I'm naturally a more slim guy. But I feel like many people either chose to focus solely on body building or losing wieght, whereas I want to gain muscle without giving up running at least twice a week for about 35 with out sacrificing all my muscle progress. Any recommendations or help would be appreciated

Replies

• lydiarenae
    Options
    If you enjoy it, then I would think about it. But just know that long stints of running or any cardio will definitely counteract building muscle mass.

In very simple terms, look at pictures of distance runners or cyclists vs sprinters. They have very different body types.
  • nfalls14
    nfalls14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would always just try to eat more calories to try to counteract, and mainly keep it to HIIT