Lower Impact than 30 day shred?????

Options
Okay I'm on day 2 of JM's 30 day shred and can barely walk on my heel due to a heel spur. So the question is - - can anyone recommend a great interval video that you know works that is low impact or can you suggest something to replace the jumping jacks and "jumping" moves? I've replaced with power squats and don't feel that it is getting the heart rate up fast enough?

Replies

• breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this too! i have knee problems and she killed me, I made it 11 days and couldn't walk up/down stairs anymore but I was dropping some major inches with her!
  • bex22mcn
    bex22mcn Posts: 90
    Options
    Can you replace with half jacks/ running on the spot? It may sound strange but give level 2 a go...level one is LOADS of jumping I tried level 2 today for the first time and found it harder on the arms but easier on teh legs!
  • LemonCitron
    LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You can look up modified jumping jacks on the internet. But I think that a few Epsom salt baths might REALLY help. I love Epsom salts. They heal my calves SO well :D
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 DS and absolutely loving it - day 2 of level 3 for me tonight. It is really tough on the knees though. How about having arm focussed cardio like more punches with a lunge or squat? Also maybe things like plank jacks but moving your legs in one at a time rather than jumping? That way you're getting resistance on your arms and getting your heart rate up but the strain is off your knees.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Can you replace with half jacks/ running on the spot? It may sound strange but give level 2 a go...level one is LOADS of jumping I tried level 2 today for the first time and found it harder on the arms but easier on teh legs!

I concur, actually I found it so much the case my HR wasn't as high. Bummer actually.
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    As a word of warning - level 3 has loads of jump moves that are tough on the knees - like jumping lunges. My balance is terrible and i felt like i was going to go head first into the tv!
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    For you ladies who don't want to jump to prevent injury-- try sumo squats. It's the move of a jumping jack, but you stand, squat, and raise your arms over your head (no jumping) or if you can, maybe a light jog in place could help so that you're at least getting your HR up. Another suggest is taking the punching moves and just do that for longer--since that doesn't require jumping either?

Level 1 is more about working lower body, and level 2 is more about upper body (I haven't started level 3 yet)-but both levels seem to be necessary to get a FULL body tone.
  • AngelLittle
    AngelLittle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE! I think I will definately try the level 2 tomorrow and maybe replace any "jumping" with the plank jacks (I assume this is like a mountain climber? I will look it up). Great ideas - I didn't think to go to the higher levels.