Needing help!!

Options
Hello everyone! I have just recently started a smoothie diet that my husbands friend told him about today was my fourth day on it. It's pretty much three organic fruit smoothies a day and a huge salad in the afternoon. Just curious if anyone else on here has tried it and what the results were

Replies

• punchgut
    punchgut Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have just recently started a smoothie diet that my husbands friend told him about today was my fourth day on it. It's pretty much three organic fruit smoothies a day and a huge salad in the afternoon. Just curious if anyone else on here has tried it and what the results were

aUJTj93ZdvwRO.gif
  • fruitloopfrenzy
    Options
    1. You probably won't get enough protein this way
    2. You need fiber from solid food to stay full
    3. You can lose muscle mass with less solids
    4. You'll probably get too much sugar from fruit
    So eat those fruits/ veggies and add in meat, edamame, tofu, whatever protein you like.
    I'm not a professional but i've looked into it quite a bit. Smoothies should supplement meals, not completely replace them
  • lizrn2008
    lizrn2008 Posts: 13
    Options
    The previous post is correct... The key to weight loss is a healthy balanced diet.. Not smoothies. https://www.eatrightontario.ca/en/Articles/Weight-Management.aspx
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Just eat healthy, and count your calories!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you wnat to lose weight then consider the fact hat its how much you eat and being at a deficit which matters more than what you eat for weight loss. If you lose weight on your smoothie diet, then its more likely becayse you were consuming a low amount of calories.

A smoothie diet is unlikely to be balanced, its laso less likely to be sustainable. If you leraned how to lose weight like most people on here then youd find it easier to transition in long term weight loss by simply eating less, moving more and adopting a healthy balanced diet that you can live with.

Id find that diet inadequate, tedious and unsustainable. You cna eat a more normal diet and lose.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    qybgzyl0arh5.jpeg
    All that's required for weight loss is a caloric deficit.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i did a juice diet for 3 days. i lost 7lb. then gained it all back. plus i was sick the whole time and exhausted. i have since joined mfp and lost 10 in about a month. i feel good and believe i can do this for life....so was my juice diet a success? ill leave that up to u
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    i did a juice diet for 3 days. i lost 7lb. then gained it all back. plus i was sick the whole time and exhausted. i have since joined mfp and lost 10 in about a month. i feel good and believe i can do this for life....so was my juice diet a success? ill leave that up to u

Great example! Work it girl
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't suggest one honestly. An eating (drinking?) plan like that is not a long term solution for any sort of weight loss. It's just crying yo-yo.

You can get enough fibre from it providing you're adding things like psyllum husk to the smoothies, but unless you put a whole avocado in each one, where are you going to get your protein and fats from? They're a necessary part of your diet - nothing good will come from eliminating them from your meals.

I have done the whole juicing thing before, and it's not a path I would ever go down tbh or suggest to anyone. No plan like this will 'kickstart' your metabolism, cleanse or detoxify anything.
  • teresanesselrode2015
    teresanesselrode2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    How did you lose 10 lbs in a month maggierenee88?