100 lbs weight loss goal for 2015

Options
Hello, I am also on the journey of losing 100 lbs. for 2015. Currently, I have lost 45 lbs. in 2014. I have completely changed the manner in which I eat. My food source for the day is mainly vegetables, fruits, and occasional seafood (tilapia, tuna, sardines). I have found the lifestyle change to be easier than I thought. But, the change has occurred due to health issues which makes changing my bad eating habits a must if I want to live a healthier life.

I have remained extremely focused throughout the holiday season (a major plus), therefore, I am confident that the journey that I am now on will continue as planned.

Keep up the good work everyone. We will all accomplish what we are setting out to do in 2015.

Replies

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I'm also heading in the 100 lb loss direction - 112 to be exact - 80 of them gone so far. Good work, keep it up, as will I.
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    And you too! You and I are in almost the same boat - 100lbs to shed, I'm at 55lbs down. I maintained through the holidays, and after New Years I feel confident I will continue down the path.

I did check out the 'Success Stories' page for the first time in awhile today and I was sooo motivated. I think on January 2 I'm going to spend a lot of time on that page, reminding myself why I'm doing what I'm doing. I'm not just a New Years Resolution-er, I've been here awhile and that's why I'm going to keep being here.

:)
  • hp0404
    hp0404 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 120lbs. Lost 200 2 yrs ago then gained 120 of it back
  • mdeleeann
    mdeleeann Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I want to thank everyone for your responses. I am new to this Fitness Pal and chatting, but eager and motivated to take this year full force in continuing the battle of dropping the pounds and getting healthy. Your successes is inspiring me more.
  • KellyDawnRabon
    Options
    Add me if you would like! (=
  • ruthanne778
    ruthanne778 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have 200 to lose. Down almost 40 overall from January. I helps that the hubby is trying to lose as well, built in support. I also attempt a TOPS group every week for in person support. I use myfitnesspal daily for tracking food and exercise. My biggest success, and my biggest hurdle to this whole journey was learning to plan everything.
    I find now, that because I have preplanned my weekly menu and my shopping list to match, if I don't have it in the house I can't eat it.
    I started out by taking a week at the end of December and purging the house of everything I couldn't or shouldn't eat.
  • mdeleeann
    mdeleeann Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am just reading your post tonight. Congrats on your weight loss! We are both on this 100 pound journey. To date, I have lost a total of 64 lbs. since 2014, with 20 lbs. of that total since January 2015. I do pray that I can reach my 100 lb. goal in 2015. I do not plan to lose my focus because I have so many positive people in myfitnesspal and in my family providing encouraging words. We will not be defeated,we have made a promise to ourselves. Never give up.