to run or... Not to run?

Options
I'm having difficulty in my fitness journey. I am within my weight goal, so I tend to do a balanced mixture of cardio and working out. Where I jog on the weekends twice and workout during the week three times. Recently I've been given the opportunity to run with an organization that enjoys jogging as much as I do. My only problem is, I've been trying to increase my muscle mass since I'm naturally a more slim guy. But I feel like many people either chose to focus solely on body building or losing wieght, whereas I want to gain muscle without giving up running at least twice a week for about 35 with out sacrificing all my muscle progress. Any recommendations or help would be appreciated

Replies

• cliffodom1
    cliffodom1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You are going to have the type of body you have. For examnple I am lean andnot heavy. I am built more like Jerry Rice than Ray Rice. You may never get big but you can have muscles anyway. You may end up with the fit body that is more like a wide reciever as opposed to a linebacker.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm trying to balance the same things. Making progress with weights and running both require about 3 hours/week, for a combined 6 hours--plus driving back and forth. Plan A is setting aside 2-hours M/W/F, Plan B is setting aside 1-hours M/T/W/R/F/Sa. Plan C is setting up a better home gym to reduce driving back and forth. Not sure there's any magic. :)