Water Intake

Options
aprilmariemedley
aprilmariemedley Posts: 22 Member
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
Do people really drink half their body weight in ounces of water? If so, will u plz let me in on the secret to how?? I tried to do this but wasnt successful; I wasnt far from succeeding but I don't see this to be something that I could stick with each day.

Replies

• danielabe1985
    danielabe1985 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    too much water can be bad for you, it all depends on how much exercise youa re doing per day, I usually have between 2-3 litres a day
  • aprilmariemedley
    Options
    Thank you!! I just started p90 and it says somewhere in the booklet that you're suppose to drink half your weight in ounces of water!! So Ive been trying but cant!!!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The bottom line us to keep hydrated so the body can work efficiently. Its 1.6l a day for women, but you should also check the coloir of your urine remains at or lighter than light straw. Thats the visual test on whether you are hydrated or not.

Thus if you are exercising you will need more. Try and drink something before and then gradually as you exercise rather than all in one go.

For hydration its fluids that matter not just water, so tea, cold drinks, coffee all count. About 20% of your allowance will come from food as well.

I dont do P90 so cant attest, but as long as you hydrate then thats all you need medically. During execise I drink gradually through the workout and its the time when only water will do.

urine_chart.png
  • aprilmariemedley
    Options
    Thank you!!