How do you get through the first few days?

Options
2»

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Hey, im looking for friends to help keep me motivated with positive encouragement- all friend requests accepted! And motivation shared back too ☺️

You may have better luck making your own thread.

OP: The first few days are the worst, but for me once I established a routine it became much easier. Don't try to make a million changes all at once as you may overload yourself. Making smaller changes over a longer period of time is much more sustainable.
  • Dianaa31015
    Options
    I feel your pain lol. I'm an emotional eater as well. I don't know I think if you really want to avoid binging just don't bring the temptation around you and just stop and think long and hard if giving in will help or will it just make everything worse when you're done :)
  • twichele
    twichele Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I feel ya..I'm bored I eat. I'm mad I eat, I'm stressed I eat, celebrating I eat. I feel like I can go all day and not then j get home and bam that's it
  • MonicaSmith98
    MonicaSmith98 Posts: 66 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have the same issue. I got all the junk out of the house and stocked up on tea, flavored zero calorie seltzer, and fruit. I also decided not to eat after dinner anymore and to space out my calories during the day. I am also avoiding all or nothing thinking such as - I ate one cookie so I might as well eat them all.
  • _adorned
    _adorned Posts: 3
    Options
    For me, when I'm binging unplanned a lot, I start adding it in. So naturally every 3 days you want to cheat. Great! Do it. Instead of it being a crazy out of control binge - allow yourself something delicious that you've PLANNED for and have adjusted your workouts/calorie intake for. I want a burger from 5 guys WITH the fries. Okay, how can I do that without setting me back.
  • wideturn
    wideturn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My goal is to look a certain way by summer, so I have pictures of body types I like on my tumblr or instagram newsfeed so I'm constantly reminded.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Keep it out of the house if you can't control it. It makes life very easy.