Just starting off

Options
Hi, I am on day 4 and to be honest the first four days I feel like I ate all my planned Diet chef meals and then ate everything else as well, went way over the calories I should have. But it definitely taught me how much I pick at food cause I was really honest with my food diary. Heres to hoping today is the start of finding the new me, I have 125 lbs to loose, it seems like a mammoth task but Rome wasnt built in a day as they say ! Looking forward to having lots of help and support from everyone on the forums. Anyone else here from Ireland.
:bigsmile:

Replies

• modubb
    modubb Posts: 22
    Options
    WELCOME!!! Not from Ireland, but have been there and LOVE it (and am quite jealous that's where you are!)!! Funny actually, on a family vacation some years ago, we got kicked out a part of Belfast, but some troops in an armored Humvee...

Being honest with your food diary is the ONLY way to go! EVERYTHING you eat! In fact, I found it really beneficial to take some friend's advice and do nothing but continue to eat like I normally do (did) for a solid week... just to see where I stood. I obviously have a sweet tooth!

Also, the next best recommendation is to buy a heart rate monitor- so that you can accurately account for your calories burned- so that you can be sure to eat those back. That is super important!

And lastly, I have discovered Zumba- and it ROCKS! See if there is a class offered nearby- it's great for any skill level and any fitness level!

"The only way out is through..."

-Mel
  • hairspray74
    hairspray74 Posts: 93
    Options
    I have no gavel and I don't judge! I lost 35 lbs so far and still have atleast 25 to go, and believe me I have slacked and slipped more then once myself! you or anyone can can add me! the more friends you got the more motivation, inspiration, and support you'll have!!! I'm from the united states!!! and zumba definately rocks!!! love love love it!!!
  • Ballybabe1
    Ballybabe1 Posts: 57
    Options
    Thanks so much for your kind replies, its great to have the support. I will definitely take all your comments on board. Sorry I actually have never been to the north but I sympathise with your bad experience, I hope it hasnt put you off visiting us again. I live in the country in the south of Ireland about an hour north of Cork City and two hours south of Dublin. There is no zumba nearby, I have heard its brilliant alright. I might mention it to the studio in our local town and see if she might put on a class, she might get someone in to instruct it. Trying new stuff like that is great. Today is going well so far and i got a 20 min walk in at lunchtime so thumbs up :smile: