Support for recent backslide in diet

Options
I have totally backslid the past four days. I need super help to get back on track! I did great for a whole month and I want to keep it up! Please any advice or motivation?

Replies

• windime
    windime Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't feel down with yourself, just remember that tomorrow is a new day. Every one of us has had our challenges. I ate horrible today! I admitted it to myself and i will move on. I will recover and be back on track tomorrow. Dont dwell on what has already happened, just remember your goal and move forward.
  • keeponlaughing
    keeponlaughing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. Tomorrow is a new day and a great chance to start again. You can and will do it:)
  • bowlesad
    bowlesad Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I needed that boost. I was wallowing in pity and chastising myself after dinner, rather than moving forward and doing better tomorrow. My excuses were lame, but nothing I can do about them now! Looking ahead with a fresh start is a wonderful idea.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi. Don't feel bad. I did the exact same thing. My husband fixed my favorite dinner of fried shrimp. I had leftovers the next day and with 2 girls selling Girl Scout cookies I fell off the wagon. I hit hard. Luckily I didn't gain anything but I didn't lose anything. I am on a time crunch to lose weight. I need to be 240 or less by June 12 or I won't get the new knees I so desperately need. I am finally down from 290 to 273. I just have to remind myself I will be a good girl tomorrow. Keep up the good work and chin up. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want
  • ChicagOH
    ChicagOH Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I "backslide" (and we all do), that is when the scale moves the right direction. Maybe our bodies actually ARE extra hungry and our fall off of the plan is not arbitrary. Just get back on track asap. Also, note that your cheat days are probably not half as bad as they used to be before you set out to eat right.
  • bowlesad
    bowlesad Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks again guys! It is nice to know that it something that everyone struggles with (rather than thinking I'm weaker than normal). You are def right about them not being that bad. I went back and looked and they are way better than a regular day two months ago! I just need to keep my chin up :-)
  • rabblescum
    rabblescum Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Four bad days this month mean 26 good days that you wouldn't have had before. Just put them behind you like they didn't happen and worry about today. You got this!