Veggie/vegan

Options
looking for food ideas that won't leave me snacking all day or hungry. I prefer vegan ones :)

Replies

• __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Chickpea curry, lentil pasta sauce, tofu stirfry, beans & rice, veggie burgers, salad with nuts on it, grilled tempeh. There are tons of great high-protein recipes in "Vegan a Go-Go" or other vegetarian cookbooks. That's where I learned to make good lentils. There are some great baked tofu recipes in "Veganomicon."
    It's easy to accidentally replace protein with carbs, so make sure you're getting enough or you will just crave breads and pastas and other filling (not-so proteinous) foods!
  • ffallings
    ffallings Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Quinoa and lentil salad. Cook them seperately, add any cooded or raw veggies, evoo, dijon mustard, EVOO, salt pepper, any herbs you fancy. A little lemon juice, and viola! Eat cool or warm. I like cucumbers cooked squash, cooked cauliflower, and raw bell peppers in mine.

Vegetable paella. Its really more simple than one may think. Found a great recipe on pinterest.

Chickpeas with tomatoes, roasted eggplant, and brown rice.

Hummus with veggies insted of naan, lentil chili, vegetable soups with kale and sweet potatoes and beans of choice.

Sorry my reply is so long. I was vegetarian in the past and that made me miss all of the yummy meals I used to make. I really need to go back.
  • jonathan23w
    jonathan23w Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    2 words kale chips. Easy to make and fun to eat!