Hi, I'm Nathan - Aiming for 15 kg

Options
Hi All,

Have used MFP on-and-off for a few years, getting serious again in the last few weeks with an office weight-loss challenge. Male, 33, Victoria Australia.

Starting weight was 95.6 kg (though I think it was a little heavy) and now down to 86.8 after six weeks.

Was formerly very fit in my early 20s but work/life gets in the way, now just getting my fitness up again - running an average of 20 km per week again. Feeling really good, my resting heart rate is down to 62 bpm.

I guess I'm on here looking for those little tips and tricks people find have helped them (yeah yeah I know . . . eat less calories than you burn). A secret that I've found is substituting carbs for cauliflower; i.e. instead of pasta or potatoes, using cauliflower to bulk out a meal.

I also use a Fitbit Charge HR which has been a big motivator for exercise.

Replies

• 1bellringer1
    1bellringer1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you know the drill! I think cutting way back on all the carbs was my major success. I stopped all potatoes, pasta, rice, and bread for the first 6 weeks, all the white stuff, but have added back stuff like crackers recently. I don't have a ton of weight to lose but am half way there after a little over 2 months. Welcome and good luck to you!
  • Gelandewagen
    Gelandewagen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bread is still part of my diet - I'll just have an open sandwich with one piece.

Problem with crackers I just can't stop after a few... And then I want beer... And cheese... Yeah crackers are bad.