water pills to lose baby weight???

Options
hello my name is Kristi
I am a young mother of 4 beautiful babies and I have gained weight from having them closertogether..
so if I took water weight capsule to get the water weight I had gained off would I gain it back if I stop after I lose it???
helllp!! Thanks!
also add me for a friend motivator! :)

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Also, after four kids, it's not water weight. Just quietly.
  • kristilynn3212
    kristilynn3212 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    how do you know it's not water weight?
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    when you have babies you gain body weight.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    All you need is to eat in a calorie deficit. The water pills will only get rid of water weight, not fat.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    you want to lose 100 pounds ( of water weight)? What make you think it is water weight?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Water weight fluctuates on its own based on sodium levels, hydration, etc. It doesn't just settle in and stay there like fat gain would. Also, water weight may make you look/feel slightly puffy or make your feet puffy but it doesn't present itself as visible extra weight quite like fat does either.

Unless your doc has prescribed a water pill there's no point. If you really think you're retaining a lot of water then increase your water intake, cut down your sodium and it will flush out in a couple days. Anything left after that is not water.
  • kristilynn3212
    kristilynn3212 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lol never did I say I wanna lose 100lbs in water weight... I know I have some sorts water weight and thanks for the advice on drinking more water ... never thought that would help! please keep negative comments away damn
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    you will likely lose water weight during your first and second weeks of controlled caloric intake, and we're talking maybe 5 pounds max. you don't need any special pills for it.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Water pills are to lose water weight - you have that part right. Most water pills will make you lose too much water and you will gain at least a major portion of that "weight" back after you stop taking them. I think that answers your question.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine gained 20 pounds of water weight in the last 6 weeks of her pregnancy (she was in the hospital for the last 8 weeks due to severe complications and medical issues). Her doctor did prescribe "water pills" due to it and she quickly dropped the water weight, but still had the 15 pounds pregnancy weight to loss. If you had a normal pregnancy your body will get rid of the water itself. Depending how far postpartum you are I wouldn't do anything aside from lower your sodium intake and stay well hydrated. If your not at least 6 weeks postpartum or had complications in your pregnancy that caused excessive water weight contact your doctor before you try any over the counter medications.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    With 100lbs to lose, water weight isn't really the weight you need to focus on. Water weight fluctuates based on a number of factors (exercise, sodium, TOM). Just focus on fat loss by eating at a calorie deficit. Pills would be a huge waste of money
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Water pills are dangerous if you don't have a medical reason to take them. For regular water weight, just drink more water, watch your sodium and control calories, the water weight will come off.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    hello my name is Kristi
    I am a young mother of 4 beautiful babies and I have gained weight from having them closertogether..
    so if I took water weight capsule to get the water weight I had gained off would I gain it back if I stop after I lose it???
    helllp!! Thanks!
    also add me for a friend motivator! :)

Please don't take water pills, they'll dehydrate you. Start eating at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.
  • katerinawaller
    Options
    I held onto a lot of water weight after my last pregnancy. I also had some fat to lose. Once I started eating at a deficit, the excess water came away very fast.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    You should not be taking diuretics unless they are prescribed to you by a doctor.

They do have potential side effects and they are not the kind of thing you should be messing with on your own.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    No one has 100 lbs of water weight. And if you suspect you are bloated and need diuretics, then it is time to go to your dr, or your life could be at risk. Otherwise, you lose weight by eating less, moving more.
  • megsta91
    megsta91 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You'll drop most of your water weight the first 2 weeks of changing to a healthy lifestyle. Just get and stay motivated and count all the calories that go into your body with the help of a food scale. The concept is simple.. The consistency is what ruins it for people.
  • PharmGirl522
    PharmGirl522 Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    lol never did I say I wanna lose 100lbs in water weight... I know I have some sorts water weight and thanks for the advice on drinking more water ... never thought that would help! please keep negative comments away damn

Here's a helpful hint: just because you don't want to hear a particular comment, that does not mean it's "negative". The things people have been telling you thus far are true; you just do not want to hear them.

In terms of taking water pills to lose your baby weight: sure. Go ahead. It'll be a great life experience for your babies to watch their mother have to deal with the aftereffects of using water pills when you don't really need them. Kidney failure is SUCH fun!

• PharmGirl522
    PharmGirl522 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    so if i took water weight capsule to get the water weight I had gained off would I gain it back if I stop after I lose it???

Not only would you gain the "weight" back after you stop taking the pills once you "lost" it, you would gain it back as soon as you drank anything.

It's WATER weight. By taking water pills, all you would be losing is WATER. You would simply be dehydrating yourself. And in case no one ever told you this, I'll tell you now: dehydration is not a good thing.