Under 300 Lunch idea...

Options
polar5554
polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
Anyone have any low calorie but FILLING lunch ideas??

Replies

• Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    can of tuna, light salad dressing, lettuce, cucumber, bell pepper, sweetcorn, spring onion, cucumber, tomatoes, about 280 cals, fills me up for hours!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cravegod
    cravegod Posts: 7
    Options
    Depends on what you are craving. i always love a pot of oatmeal, (I use 1/2 cup old fashion oats: 150 cal)... but I make it savory by adding pieces of canadian bacon (3 of Jones Canadian bacon is 60 cals) & green onions & soy sauce (yeah, you can say "gross" if you don' t like those flavors)... or scramble an egg, add shakes of salt and pepper... ... and have it with...

maybe it's the asian in me that can tolerate and love those flavors... :D
  • tiffany0127
    tiffany0127 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I usually do a salad with mixed greens, light feta cheese, dried cranberries, shredded or diced chicken and low fat raspberry and walnut vinegarette dressing (Newman's Own). The protien from the chicken keeps me full and you can use a lot of mixed greens because they are very low calorie (almost no calorie) and it is just under 300 calories :)
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Lean Cusine Market creations. the ones in the bag have more food in them than the regular LC's and taste better,
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Just a big lump of chicken :) protein fills me up!
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    buy the book Hungry girl "300 under 300".....There are 300 recipes under 300 calories and they are all huge delicious portions
  • Carolynsb3
    Carolynsb3 Posts: 12
    Options
    You might find this boring but it works for me. 1/2 cup of black beans with chili powder mixed in, 1/2 cup of brown rice with soy sauce (preferably gluten-free), and a very large portion of steamed kale with salt.

Also, I was always trying to find something filling myself and have FINALLY discovered that adding in more veggies is what really keeps me full. The eight a day are effortless if you add spinach, banana, peach smoothies to your diet. Nom nom nom. I know they sound gross but I am a person who does not like raw spinach and I love the smoothies.
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    tyson grilled and ready chicken fillet on top a big salad :) the fillets are only 110 cals
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    fresh filets of most types of fish with brown/wild steamed rice and steamed veggies usually comes in under 300 even with a pat of butter or olive oil drizzled on it and fresh squeezed lemon
  • jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    Options
    bump
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I make a lot of homemade soups and can them, or I will make a quinoa recipe and bring that with an apple. This week I've been eating my southwestern veggie quinoa and a pink lady apple, and it totals 309 calories!

Here's my quinoa recipe:

3 cups water
    1 cup organic quinoa
    3 tsp minced garlic
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp chili powder
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 cup C&W Ultimate Southwest Blend (or just combine some black beans, corn, diced onions, red peppers and green chilis)
    1 tsp olive oil

Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add the veggies and cook until onions are slightly browned. Add quinoa and cook 3 minutes or until slightly toasted.

Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes or uneil liquid is absorbed. Makes 4 one-cup servings.

Nutrition info for the quinoa: 229 calories, 37 carbs, 6g fat, 7 protein, 5 fiber, 46 sodium.
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Nice recipe. I may have to try that one.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Kami- your quinoa recipe sounds good.

Is it 229 calories per cup or per whole recipe?
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I recently made a very filling greek salad.. lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, feta cheese, garbanzos & light extra virgin olive oil dressing. All came out less than 300 calories. I sided it with hummus and a few pita chips which pushed it a little over 300 calories total but it was very filling. instead of pita chips you could eat the hummus with baby carrots. enjoy!

3 - 4 cups lettuce
    1 cup sliced cucumber
    6 cherry tomatoes (halved)
    thinly sliced red onion (i use very little)
    1/4 cup garbazos
    1/8 cup feta cheese
    2 tbsp greek dressing
    dash of pepper

2 tbsp hummus
    9 pita chips
  • sahlah
    sahlah Posts: 52
    Options
    This has 277 calories per serving:

Greek Pouch Potatoes
    (serves 4)

4 medium potato
    4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut up
    1 small can Sliced Black Olives
    2 cloves of Garlic
    2 tsp Salt
    1 tsp Pepper
    1 tsp Oregano, dried
    1/2 C Tomato, diced
    1/4 C Fat Free Crumbled Feta

Heat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except tomatoes and cheese; divide equally among foil sheets (about 1 1/2 cups each), placing mixture on right halves of foil squares.

To seal each pouch, fold left side of foil over mixture. Fold in right edge 1/2 inch; fold again. Fold top and bottom edges the same way, leaving room for heat to circulate inside pouch.

Place on baking sheet and bake in center of oven 35 minutes.

To open pouches, with scissors, cut a cross in the top of each, then pull back points, being careful as steam is released. I always pour mine onto a plate at this point to pull it away from the liquid left inside.

Top contents of each pouch with 2 tablespoons tomatoes and 1 tablespoon cheese.
  • sahlah
    sahlah Posts: 52
    Options
    Another one is http://allrecipes.com/PersonalRecipe/62757743/Cornmeal-Crusted-Chicken-with-Pepian-Sauce/Detail.aspx The recipe says it is 4 servings at 315 calories but I found that a whole chicken breast was too much for me for lunch. So cut my chicken breasts in half and then have a simple salad with it or another veggie.
  • finity559
    finity559 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    FAST MEALS I make during my 30min lunch break....
    (Maybe not the most fancy cuisine or healthiest, BUT they are below or abt 300 calories and made with food most ppl have)

SOUP & CRACKERS
    Progresso Soup & 5 - 10 Crackers.
    My favorite is...
    Hearty Chicken Rotini (200 cals whole can)
    with some crackers. (Regular, I don't like whole wheat...too dry.)

QUESADILLAS
    1 Flour tortilla (80 - 110 cals)
    or 2 Whole Wheat low Carb Style
    (I personally don't like wheat....sorry)
    1/3 cup of Colby Jack or Mexican blend Cheese. (abt 110 cals) Mozarella cheese (abt 90 cals)
    La Victoria Green Chili Sauce (5 calories per TBS)
    Pam Spray
    Spray pan....add tortilla, add cheese to half of tortilla, add chili sauce, salt to taste. Heat till cheese begins to melt, fold over side of tortilla with no cheese, toast till light brown. Can use some salsa as a dipping sauce. Yumm!

GRILLED CHEESE SANDWHICH
    Whole wheat bread (45 - 90 cals)
    Slice of Sandwhich cheese (50 - 70 cals)
    Optional....Slice of Lean Ham or Turkey (26 - 60 cals)
    1 TEASPOON of Margarine or Butter or can use PAM.
    Lightly spread margarine on the outer pieces of bread, add cheese & meat grill on pan on both sides til cheese is melted.

OMELETTE
    1whole egg + 2 or 3 egg whites
    Sliced fresh muschrooms
    (can add bell peppers, onions or whatever)
    1 slice lean ham chopped
    1 serving portion of shredded cheese.
    Salsa
    Pam
    Prepare omlette
    add cheese & ham to one side of egg omlette.
    flip one side closed when eggs cook together.
    finish cooking. add to dish then
    add cheese & salsa on top with salt & pepper to taste.

MIGAS
    1 Whole egg + 2 or 3 egg whites (abt 115cals)
    2 low cal corn tortillas (40 - 80 calories)
    1 TEASPOON of cooking oil.
    1 TEASPOON of Margarine.
    Warm oil in pan, Chop tortillas in bit size pieces, add tortillas to oil & mix til oil is coated tortilla bits. Cook til pieces become partially fried. add Margarine, melt it a little, add beaten eggs and cook like scrambled eggs, salt & pepper to taste.

TUNA SALAD & CRACKERS
    Can of tuna drained.
    1 Tablespoon Low cal mayonaise
    2 - 3 Tablespoons of DILL relish
    Salt & Pepper to taste.
    Mix the tuna, mayo & relish VERY WELL. The more u mix & whip tuna the more the natural oils come out & it has such a yummier taste. I scrap the tuna against the side of the bowl, whip, stir it & mash it a lot. serve over salad (i prefer iceberg with tuna) and eat alone or with crackers.

These are just some ideas, I don't have much money to make fancy shmancy meals so I cook with what I have & watch my portions. I'm a big person and these fast meals fil me up til dinner time. :)
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Kami- your quinoa recipe sounds good.

Is it 229 calories per cup or per whole recipe?

229 per cup