Hi, I'm Savannah and I'm addicted to my scale...

Options

Replies

• LeeBeeW
    LeeBeeW Posts: 100
    Options
    I am a scale addict too. I would be rocking in a corner if someone took my scales!
  • zumba_v
    zumba_v Posts: 4
    Options
    I am a scale addict too. I would be rocking in a corner if someone took my scales!
    I couldn't have said it better myself!
  • Peanutmanda
    Peanutmanda Posts: 103
    Options
    Don't put the scale in ur trunk! There is far to much bouncing in ur car, not healthy for the mechanics of the scale! I had my boyfriend hide mine, i have no idea where it is.. Its killing me. lol

Next Friday I can weigh myself again..

Good Luck!
  • marj972
    marj972 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean... I used to hate scales, but now I weigh myself so many times a day, it's ridiculous lol but I don't think I'll stop, well at least not for now as it doesn't depress me... yet :)

6557996.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jill5280
    jill5280 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and find it to be motivating....if I am up a bit, it is the reason to go the extra 30 minutes at the gym, if it is down, it is the reason to keep doing what I am doing. I try to figure out WHY my weight is not going down, not in a negative way, but think about my food for the previous few days and where I can make things better.

I am headed out on vacation on the 20th and will be without for 9 days, going to be tough on a number of different levels.
  • mauck7
    mauck7 Posts: 74
    Options
    Hi Savannah. ;-)

I weigh every morning before I eat, drink or do anything. If I miss my window and Drink some OJ or make my oatmeal... I can't weigh. I have to weigh the next day or I feel my results will be inacurate.

Yep, Im a fruit. :laugh:
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lucinda and I am also addicted to the scale!!! Every morning and every night. I also weigh myself after working out at the gym...LOL!!! I am thinking about buying another scale to feed my addiction...how horrible is that????
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lucinda and I am also addicted to the scale!!! Every morning and every night. I also weigh myself after working out at the gym...LOL!!! I am thinking about buying another scale to feed my addiction...how horrible is that????

AHAHAH! I can totally relate - do you think if you stand with one foot on one, and the other foot on another, it would reflect that you weigh half as much? HAHA!
  • 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Kelly and Im addicted to my scale as well.......I let it controll my life. It affects my mood if I dont see change. and this sends me feeling down. I hate the scale and I think its hates me too...lol:sad:
    Idk what your starting weight was but @ 109 lbs lost I say you're kicking the scales butt!!!!
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea! I am going to try it! It's funny, I weigh myself every morning and a slight, fractional gain can disappoint me. I know it's normal: I have more water in my body, I have more food in my body, I consumed too much sodium... But my mood is so reliant on it! Plus, it's a wonderful feeling when you step on the scale and see a 2 or 3 pound loss instead of that little .2 or .3 you see if you weigh yourself everyday!

Now, where to hide the scale??? :indifferent:
  • sd101483
    Options
    I think this is a great idea! I am going to try it! It's funny, I weigh myself every morning and a slight, fractional gain can disappoint me. I know it's normal: I have more water in my body, I have more food in my body, I consumed too much sodium... But my mood is so reliant on it! Plus, it's a wonderful feeling when you step on the scale and see a 2 or 3 pound loss instead of that little .2 or .3 you see if you weigh yourself everyday!

Now, where to hide the scale??? :indifferent:

I'm bubble wrapping mine (wouldn't want it damaged) and putting it in a box in my trunk - I'm REALLY going all out here - that way I won't (at least, I'm pretty sure I won't) make the effort to go get the stupid thing...just to take a "peek"
  • KathreneW
    KathreneW Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Kathrene, and i am a scale addict! Yikes!
    I am hiding it for ten days too! Fabulous idea, thank you. :)
  • KathreneW
    Options
    I did that! i bought a new scale...so i have two in my bathroom, and weigh myself on both each morning. I need help :(
  • KathreneW
    Options
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Savannah,
    Thank you so much for posting this; I am glad to know I'm not the only one- how about flexing your feet differently to effect the numbers? I've tried it! So funny how our little idiosyncrasies develop!
  • sd101483
    Options
    Savannah,
    Thank you so much for posting this; I am glad to know I'm not the only one- how about flexing your feet differently to effect the numbers? I've tried it! So funny how our little idiosyncrasies develop!

Totally! Oh, maybe if I stand this way....ah, nope...this way? lol I've always believed that it's helped keep me in check, and, it does, but, I just need to break away from it for a bit! Break the bond, if you will! :)
  • annetten83
    annetten83 Posts: 20
    Options
    Im totally in for this! Im obsessed with weighing myself every morning. If the number stays the same or goes up, then I feel like crap for the entire day and just want to say screw it.
  • determined4ever
    Options
    Can totally relate.....finally decided a couple of weeks ago to only weight once a week. My scale too was determining my outlook for the day....not good.....hated being down on myself if I was up .2......now it's nice to see 3 and 4 pound losses for the week....also helps me focus on the "weekly goal" and work hard to achieve losing big numbers!!! Since I've put my scale away, I think I've worked harder and have been MORE determined to eat healthy and exercise a little more for "security" when facing that scale on Monday mornings.....I think your 10 day challenge rocks and you are right on target...
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking I needed to do this myself. I know I am doing things right but the scale is dragging me down right now. When my husband comes home I am going to have him hide our scale and wii fit. If its not hidden I will give in.
  • Jb8885
    Jb8885 Posts: 126
    Options

Bahahaha umm to say the least