5k here I come!

Options
Hi. I am in need of motivation. I was in a bad relationship in which I gained so much weight due stress. I would love to lose 50 PDS and plan on running a 5k June 27th. Trying to watch what I eat and do daily exercise. This running is killing me. :)

Replies

• dechelonian
    dechelonian Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Are you following any specific running plan?

I've just started C25K for the second time in my life.

The first time I've done it many a year ago I found it pretty cool, simple to follow (and even simpler now with our beloved smarthpones). Its a great introductory program to running.

At the time I stuck with it till the end, continued running afterwards and even managed to run a half-marathon before falling off the wagon and putting some weight.
  • farniclepeabody
    Options
    Yep! I also recommend couch to 5k...I love the podcasts because they tell you when to run, when to walk and eliminate the need to watch the time (which for me makes the running intervals feel so much longer). I also love that the coach chimes in with "one minute to go!" and other positive tidbits while you're running. 5k101.com is the one I'm using, even though it's old!
  • catspeer
    catspeer Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, i have never done a 5k before. I am stuck at a weight loss Plateau. I been thinking about it, but keep thinking about it. Not sure where to start
  • eurotwist74
    Options
    I am using the couch to 5k. I also found it really easy and helpful. The only problem so far is my shins. I don't believe I have shin splints but just enough pain to be annoying.