Struggling so much to lose weight

Options
hello

I have been on my fitness pal now for about 4 weeks sticking to 1200kcal and I am maintaining weight. I came into my fitness pal as my holiday loomed. It is now 7 weeks away. I ideally wanted to lose 10lb when I started I still would like to but it's proving impossible I don't know what I am doing wrong. Any help would be really appreciated. I am 150lb at the min ( give or take) I want to be 140lb I got to 134 last year for my holiday through a lot of excercise and doing the 5:2 diet. I am considering going back on the 5:2 to see if that makes a difference. Any help would be great

Replies

• SR_86
    SR_86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are sticking to 1200 calories a day? You need to weigh and measure every single thing that goes in your mouth! As long as calories in is less than calories out then the weight will come off. If you already are doing this then I am sorry but I don't know why your not loosing weight!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    There is no reason to be OCD about weighing and measuring everything, but it is likely that you are eating more than you think.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I would knuckle down for a bit to be sure that you're eating what you think you are eating. How are you exercising? 5-6 days/week with 30-60 minutes of intense exercise is ideal.
  • marykate290491
    marykate290491 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have upped my excercise but then MFP says to eat back kcal which makes me end up feeling ill.