Replies

• angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Just eat oatmeal.
  • vox779
    vox779 Posts: 7
    Options
    Konsyl. Three calories per teaspoon. Doesn't taste good... fyi.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    kiwis....eat two or three a day and you wont forget them...yikes....
  • Satya_Ayurveda
    Satya_Ayurveda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Triphala is an ancient (over 5,000 years old!) ayurvedic herb from India. This is very cleansing and will do wonders for your body. Google it!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Just eat oatmeal.

i add 1 T of ground flax seed to my oatmeal in the am and 1 T to my yogurt at lunch...
  • dfunk06
    dfunk06 Posts: 56
    Options
    Fiber One bars and yogurt and poptart pastries, Double Fiber bread, Fiber Plus Antioxidents (bars and cereal) Special K protein and fiber bars, VitaFusion Fiber Gummy supplements, Vitatops (www.vitalicious.com), cantaloupe, Metamucil fiber packets (shake them into juice or smoothies)
  • MainEventMike
    MainEventMike Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of raw fruits and veggies and you won't need to worry anymore. It's the natural way to poo.
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Salad :-)

Or if you want to go the "medicine" root, my mother drinks metamucil, but I hear it tasted like s**t!!!
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i should add that i eat oatmeal with chia seeds every morning for breakfast and between that and fruit/veg i get between 26 and 30 grams of fiber a day.

apparently, i need more than that.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    i should add that i eat oatmeal with chia seeds every morning for breakfast and between that and fruit/veg i get between 26 and 30 grams of fiber a day.

apparently, i need more than that.

If you're eating that much fiber and still having trouble, it might be time to talk to a doctor.
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If you're eating that much fiber and still having trouble, it might be time to talk to a doctor.

I second that.
  • C_Bran
    C_Bran Posts: 254
    Options
    Psyllium Husk powder. Pills work but you have to take a boat load of 'em.
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    a prune or a small glass of warm prune juice (like 4 oz) works wonders! And if you are eating that much fiber your body needs extra water to move it along... it's normal to get a little blocked up when you increase your fiber, until your body is used to it. Exercise also helps get things moving!
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    oh good lord i definitely do not need to talk to a doctor, my mom is a nurse and i've gotten plenty of poo education from her. i'd just rather go once a day as opposed to every 48-50 hours.

just looked at metamucil. what a waste of money/effort.. you get 3g of fiber for taking SIX capsules? wtf is that i get that much in my freakin spinach every morning at breakfast. guess its time to up the beans in my diet again haha
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Fat - olive oil, flax oil, etc.
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    ALL BRAN & even better ALL-BRAN "BUDS" oh, and Raspberries...
    also don't forget you will also need LOTS of extra water to keeps things moving
  • wendix
    wendix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    raisins. didn't realise it until the other day but i'm over my fibre every day now