My NSV for today

Options
snowy_sk
snowy_sk Posts: 117 Member
I have been good all day and then suddenly an hour ago BOOM!! I wanted to eat everything in sight. So off I went to the kitchen at work and devoured 4 divestive biscuits before I could even think about what I was doing. Then I marched back to my desk, grabbed my purse and thought well I may as well carry on now - I'm on a roll - time for a chocolate feast - stuff the calories! So I went out of the office, down the road, into the shop and had a 'what am I doing???' moment. I realised that I could log the biscuits, perhaps have 1500 cals today rather than my normal 1200, but still be on track, OR I could eat a gallon of chocolate, and feel miserable while I was doing it and even worse tomorrow. So I turned round, walked right out of the shop and here I am back at my desk chocolate free.

I have realised though that when I go over 1200 I feel as though I have failed so maybe a few days a week I should let myself go up to 1500 so that I dont feel deprived.

Anyway, just wanted to share!

Replies

• Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Nice one!!
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    That's great!! You can't deprive yourself too much because you will go crazy!!!! You're doing great and we all still need our days!
  • lorishultis
    lorishultis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!!! awesome realization! and I dont think the 1500 would hurt once in a while...
  • aimgirl
    aimgirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I allow myself one day per week to have about 2,000 calories. On the other days I'm at 1350. I have to have that 'cheat' day to keep my sanity.
  • lclarius
    lclarius Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    wow, good for you!
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    We all need our cheat days. I use Magnum ice cream or godiva chocolate. I've just made the decision that I can have whatever I want (within reason) as long as I am willing to "pay" for it at the gym.
  • phatkris
    phatkris Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can still do your 1200 calories. Just take away from another meal. If you are craving something for lunch that may be a lot of calories eat it and than try to consume vegetables for the remainder of the day. This way you are still on track and you was able have your crave. Also, you can exercise to take away from what you ate. Do not over do the exercise just do a 20 minute walk to offset some of the calories. Once you cheat fully it is easy to do it again.

Congratulations to just saying no to the chocolate!!! :flowerforyou:
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Snowy wrote:>>so maybe a few days a week I should let myself go up to 1500 so that I dont feel deprive<<

I wouldn't exactly say "let myself go" because that's what got me in these jogging pants in the first place lol. Maybe you could do one day a week (my day is Sunday) to "reward" yourself for staying under your daily calorie goals. More than one day might become a habit ;) Oh and btw did you log that walk down to the road and back as part of your cardio? Every step counts toward your 10k a day.

Good Luck in with your fitness goals,
    Nichole
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    very good job on not blowing a whole day :) a few treats are good and even changing up calorie intake is good too I think it fools our metabolism :) I know I have had days that I said that too might as well eat the whole pizza now :) really good job !
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Way to nip it before it got worse! That's good will power. wtg!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Great job of getting back on track right away. That change in thinking is a real key to long-lasting success. I feel so proud of you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!