Nothing but Cardio

Options
MzzNorma
MzzNorma Posts: 22 Member
so pretty much I cannot lift my arms up, bend my back or twist my waist. Can it be done with just watching portions. Counting calories and cardio NOT running but treadmill speed walking? That's all I got to work with...

Replies

• rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    If you are asking about losing weight, yes it can be done without exercising as long as you are on a deficit. If you want to get fit, i'd suggest you should force yourself to do cardio and lift. What's the reason you can't bend your back or twist your waist? Health issues?
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    It can be done. However, with no weight-bearing exercise, you run the risk of losing muscle mass in addition to fat. Seek out a physician or a physical therapist who can work within your limitations and design an exercise regimen for you.
  • MzzNorma
    Options
    I was in a car accident that damaged those parts of my body. I would love to be fit but the most I can do is 5lbs weighs and limited exercise.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    That's not you in your picture then?
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't it be her? She is kneeling, not bent at the waist or twisting....
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    She's got her arms raised up which is why the question was posed.

OP, talk to a physical therapist to regain range of motion
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You need to talk to a physical therapist about rehabilitation. I was told I "couldn't" do all sorts of things after cancer. I have scars all over my chest, and I'm missing a relatively decent sized piece of muscle from my chest wall. The doctors said I would never be able to get full range of motion and that I would never be able to do even a single push-up. Not only can I do push-ups, I bench press, etc.

If 5 pounds is all you can lift, then lift it.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options

Great point
  • MzzNorma
    Options

Yes that is me right before the accident. I am still the same size just gained weight since I stopped my boxing :)(
  • MzzNorma
    Options

Oh that's me no questions about it right before my accident.

• MzzNorma
    Options

Thank you for the advice
  • MzzNorma
    Options
    You are all awesome for the advice. Would be kinda nice to be able to post progress images on this site// app. Have a beautiful day all.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    You are all awesome for the advice. Would be kinda nice to be able to post progress images on this site// app. Have a beautiful day all.

you can...
    you can add them to your gallery so your friends can see them.
    or post in the forums...
  • MzzNorma
    Options

you can...
    you can add them to your gallery so your friends can see them.
    or post in the forums...

Ohhhhh ok let me try didn't know that. Thanks