Any single mamas out there?

Options
Hi all! I just started using the app again, but I did manage to lose 20lbs between the last time I checked in and now! I've never used the community part of the app, but I thought it would be helpful to connect with other people. I'm a single mom of a 13-month-old little girl, and have been having a hard time making myself take time to exercise every day. I've made a lot of changes to my diet, which I feel great about, but I know I need to get moving more. I guess I just feel a little mommy-guilt about taking time for myself during the day when my daughter doesn't have her dad around to spend time with her if I'm busy. Has anyone else dealt with this? How did you make it work?

Replies

• VintageMisery514
    VintageMisery514 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My daughter is almost 4 now, but back when she was around your daughter’s age and when I’d work out, I’d incorporate her into it. You know, if I was doing something like push-ups, I’d have her lay on the ground under me with her belly around my head and I’d blow raspberries on her tummy as I went down. She found it hilarious. Or if I was doing something like suicides in the living room, I’d make it seem like I was chasing her. When I did lunges, I’d have her on my back, and she thought it was the greatest thing as I went up and down. You have to use your imagination a bit, but there’s almost always a way you can involve her and make it fun for her and even more fun for you. Not to mention, it sets a great example for her going forward. My daughter remembers "working out" with me when she was younger, and now she insists she legitimately does all my workouts with me since she’s older and able. :)
  • IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Single mom of 15 yr old lol.... I have been single with her = her entire life!