Newbie that needs motivation

Options
I really want to commit to a lifestyle change, and I feel like having a community of people behind me will inspire me to keep going. Eventually, I'd like to lose 100+ pounds, but to start, I'd like to lose around 60. I'm 24 years old, and I really want to make 25 the launch point for a consistent, sustainable healthy lifestyle . I have until December of this year (my 25th birthday) to get down 60lbs, and I really want to stick to it! Anyone on here in a similar situation? :blush:

Replies

• melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm much older than you but I started my journey right before my 50th birthday trust me when I tell you it's the best gift you will ever give yourself! This forum is great full of supportive people and great advice and motivation. Take it one day one pound at a time and you will do great. Let me know if I can support you in anyway!
  • Ammebee
    Ammebee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Im a little older and haven't really given myself a time frame. Ive come in and out of using MFP and while using it it does work. My sister has managed to loose all the weight she wanted and kept it off. Im here for motivation!
  • eschell0624
    eschell0624 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 years old and definitely need motivation! I've gained 20 lbs since my beach wedding 2 years ago and I really want to get that weight off and about 10 more. I'm such a yo-yo dieter and I really want to get back to a healthy weight this year so that my clothes fit and I feel better. Yesterday I filled a glass jar with 30 seashells and labeled it Pounds to Lose. Next to that jar is an empty jar that says "Pounds LOST". I'm really hoping I can move a shell (or two or three) over this week :)
  • KyleeNicolle
    KyleeNicolle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm not really trying to lose a ton of weight or anything, but I can still be motivational and supportive! We all need that and I'm very active on here now that I have the app on my phone. I had to leave for a while, but I am back for good. Feel free to add me! :)
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was in that situation 3 years ago. Its possible with hard work. Don't give up and make sure you set a reachable goal!
  • thecure797
    thecure797 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same situation. I started my weight loss journey right at my birthday and gave myself a one year long time frame to achieve my goal, well my first goal. It's going well so far, but it's hard without much motivation or support. If you'd like you can add me, I'd be happy to buddy up and support each other :D
  • desdiets
    desdiets Posts: 4
    Options
    thank you all for your words and support! wasn't expecting responses so quickly :)!