When do you start noticing you're own weight loss?

Options
Basically I've lost 16 pounds and 14 inches all over by working my ars off and love it! Everyone keeps saying I look amazing and how much weight I've lost, however I don't see it at all and If it's saying it on the scales, everyone else is saying its a massive difference and my clothes are hanging off me! But I still feel like I look the same! Does anyone know when I will start to notice it? It's been 8 weeks now!❤️ cxxx

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Personally, even after losing 55lbs I couldn't see a difference. I've then gained another 20lbs since then and didn't even realise until I weighed myself. I can see a difference if I look at photos, but not when I just look in the mirror. So make sure to take pictures! I can see a difference in my progress photos about every 20-30lbs.
  • livv365
    livv365 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It gets annoying after a while, everyone else can see it, your clothes are hanging off but I still feel the same size haha! X
  • sdsc2003
    sdsc2003 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    very hard to noticed, I think it wasn´t until I decided to do a before and after comparison. my heaviest was 200 lbs and I´m at 141 and I look at the mirror and see the same face but when I go back to my old picture OMG! I am like: who´s that? even my husband was like I never noticed you were overweight. also the first time I went shopping for new cloths because I felt it was hanging and realized I was 2 sizes down. it is good that people notice so don't get discourage by it, you will be the last one to notice for sure. maybe make comparisons of how far you could run before (if you run) if you could only run 1k for instance and now you are running 5k, or if you are making it faster... or any other sport you practice, I think those points of comparison are good too.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 pound lighter and I can't say I "feel" different, but I have some suit pants that fall down around my ankles if my belt is unfastened. That feels a little different.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely take pictures and you will see it when you look back. I don't notice it a lot because I see myself daily, but I do notice that my clothes are looser and I need to buy smaller sizes.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I could notice changes nearly daily for the first few months because I was losing lots of inches in noticable places. However, although I am still losing weight at a reasonably comparable rate, the weight is coming off more evenly so it doesn't seem as significant.

It helps me to remember that I couldn't even pull my current pants up to my knees when I started.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I can't help it...

Your. Not you are (AKA You're)
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    livv365 wrote: »
    Basically I've lost 16 pounds and 14 inches all over by working my ars off and love it! Everyone keeps saying I look amazing and how much weight I've lost, however I don't see it at all and If it's saying it on the scales, everyone else is saying its a massive difference and my clothes are hanging off me! But I still feel like I look the same! Does anyone know when I will start to notice it? It's been 8 weeks now!❤️ cxxx

Open your eyes?

Try taking pictures??

I didn't really notice until I lost around 50lbs but I had allot of weight to lose.... so maybe different for me.

After reaching my goal and losing 172lbs... it took roughly a year for my head to understand my size... maybe a bit less... but it does take time to adjust to your new size...
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    I've lost 125 lbs and I don't see it until I do comparison pictures. I know my clothes are smaller and I know I've lost weight, but I don't actually SEE it on my own body until I see pictures. Very strange.
  • cdcruizer05
    cdcruizer05 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Yea i've lost 75lbs and i still was'nt convinced that i really look that much different, until i posted my before and after picture. I have about 80 lbs more to lose.
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    i can feel the difference more than i can see, i did a 3 month progess picture and i can see the difference, but on a daily basis ill notice my pants being looser or i can fit into smaller clothes but that's about it
  • mom3over40
    mom3over40 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My friends also start noticing before I do. The thing is, my tummy was big. It still looked big when I lost 2 inches. I probably should have had a bigger sized jeans before my weight loss, but I didn't. So, it took a while before they felt loose. My t-shirts, however, were always loose. I also think that my face may changed more than I realized. We stand in front of the mirror every day, it is really difficult for us to notice difference for ourselves.

So, yes, definitely take pictures. I kind of started a few months late and really regret it. As you could imagine, I was avoiding the camera and when I do take pictures, I always have my kids standing in front of me when I was overweight. It took me a long time to dig out old pictures to see how I really looked back then. Now, I can kind of understand why my weight loss get noticed.
  • orlandodenise
    orlandodenise Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 110 pound - and I can tell just by looking in the mirror each Morning how much I weigh ! I carry most of my weight on my legs - my waist and face loose it fast - so its very noticable now :) I'd imagine I wont notice the legs loose weight unless I put on a pair of tight jeans and see the difference