Horrible Breakup...am I overreacting?

Options

Replies

• michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Good lord. Good riddance. You don't want someone like that in your life. Insensitive ho.
  • beckyml1980
    beckyml1980 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    no way. As long as you are still living in the place you shared, she should be considerate and not bring other people back home. I would feel the exact same way. She is not playing nice. Be the bigger person, get out as soon as you can and move on. She obviously doesn't care about you enough to mind your feelings which shows you the exact person she really is. *hugs* be strong, you got this, this is just a speed bump in the game we call life.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    She's definitely taking advantage of you. If it were me, I'd go sleep on a different friend's couch.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Op. you are 100% right. Get out now. I'm a little spiteful, so I would totally let the dog leave a steamy present of the bed.
    Can't you ask to stay at your friends house/couch for a few days?
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    You are not overreacting. She knows you are going to be moving out in a few weeks, and it is not a lot to ask not to bring the new person home. Think of it as proof that you can do better than her, and if she is that insensitive to your feelings, the breakup is a good thing. It may not feel like it now, but once you are out of the situtation and mourn the relationship, life will get better.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good lord. Good riddance. You don't want someone like that in your life. Insensitive ho.

What makes her a ho? For not cheating on her ex? She did nothing wrong. It's inconsiderate but is it wrong? She broke up, found someone else, and took her back home. I didn't know that was wrong.
  • Luryso
    Luryso Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If this episode remains the "most violated" you'll ever feel throughout the rest of your life, you'll have a great life. Get over her. This is petty stuff in the grand scheme of things.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I suggest pulling up the corner of the carpet and putting a few shrimp shells and maybe a few fish parts there before you leave,won't stink right away but guarantee she won't enjoy living there wondering where that smell is coming from, it'll make you feel better ;) Besides she deserves it she was an @ss to you for no good reason. When you miss her, just think about how she treated you, hard to miss someone when you don't remember only good times.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    She sounds heartless. Amazing how easily we can be replaced when we care about someone who doesn't feel the same. The most powerful person in any relationship is the one that cares the least.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Do you have any other friends you can crash with in the meantime?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You are in dnager of getting too involved. vent for a bit if you must then be prepared to move on and start a happier time in your life without her. It was a reasonable expectation she behave in way X, but she behaved in way Y. You are not going to change that nor do I see the benefit afte a while of getting upset that she behaved in a manner you didnt like. It should just be easier to move on and be glad you are doing so.

You cnat choose how someone behaves, but you can choose how you react to it. All getting upset will do is waste your time and confirm to her how emotional you are because thats the way she chooses to look at it. Thats why rather than harbour how wronged you have been (which doesnt get you anywhere) plan to keep yourself busy and look to the future without wasting more emotional energy. Some people can be mean.
  • kazaargrandcru
    kazaargrandcru Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You are handling this very well so far, I respect you for dealing with this in such a mature way. Best wishes.
  • hansmdude
    hansmdude Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    And from one German to another your English and grammar are perfect.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Some people are like that. It is obvious you deserve someone better.

Don't mope. Move on. And forget about the dog. Don't use dog as excuse to be emotionally abused more.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    take the dog, F her.....
  • CatalinValli04
    CatalinValli04 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! I went through a similar situation with an ex-boyfriend, but he couldn't even wait a week after breaking up with me for me to move into my new place. He wanted me gone right away so he could bring girls home (which he told me straight up). Luckily, the place I had lined up allowed me to move in right away, so I didn't have to deal with him for the week before my moving date. After two weeks of moving out, he kept trying to get close again. All I can say is I wish I'd told him to back off then and there. It would have saved me a lot of emotional stress.
    If you two do decide to share the dog, my advice would be to keep your exchanges short and civil when you hand the leash over or better yet, just keep the dog to yourself for now (especially if you are the one looking after the dog right now and she's not) and cut all contact with her. Move out earlier if you can or try to get out of the house as much as possible. Don't try to be friends for now, move on, and find something else to put your energy into (I got really involved in kickboxing and it helped so much). Hang out with your friends and dog, meet new people, and be happy :smile: If a year or two down the road you both have healed and moved on with your lives, then maybe you can think about moving on as friends again if you two feel you want to.
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    take the cat too.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    likehlikeo wrote: »
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    There's no use wasting emotion on what you have no control over. Move out and on as soon as it is feasible. Don't react in the interim.
    Sometimes women need to waste emotion on things in order to move past them completely. We're just wired differently. :)

I understand, but until you move on you are wasting time that can be better served to improve your life. Hanging on just puts your life on hold.

So true. I actually feel like my life is on stand by right now. I don't want that of course. I should really plan something nice for the weekend, going out and doing something with my hard earned time...

Call up a friend. Go do something fun. Take a cooking class. Go for a hike. Log off and aget out there!

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    strozman wrote: »
    She sounds heartless. Amazing how easily we can be replaced when we care about someone who doesn't feel the same. The most powerful person in any relationship is the one that cares the least.

Wow I never heard it put like that but that is the truth isn't it. How sad....

• SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think you are in a really bad emotional situation that has no good emotional ending at this time. Continue to be true to your standards and behave like an adult or the situation will be far worse. When you are on the other side of this you'll understand this relationship was not worth the pain it's caused you and you are fortunate to have moved on.