Help not losing weight!

Options
hello I am new to this! I'm having trouble with weight loss and have no idea what I'm doing wrong. About a year ago I lose 60 pounds, but since have gained 20 over the winter. And now I am back into the gym and eating healthy again. I eat fruits veggies all that and I stay in my 1300 calorie range. I also have eliminated soda and increased my water intake. Also all wheat products no flour. Help me!

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Are you accurately measuring (ie - weighing) all foods and tracking them?
  • markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    1300 calories is pretty low and not giving you much room to cut which can definitely be a problem (You shouldn't eat any lower than 1200). I'd try increasing your calories and work on your metabolism so you can give yourself more room to cut when you plateau. 1400-1500 calories would be a good bump for you to start to try for right now. As for fruits be careful with your sugar intake with the amount of fruit you eat. Too much fruit can slow down your progress. Eliminating soda will help out a bunch. You should be drinking mainly water and avoid anything sugary (juices, etc.). I'm guessing the wheat products you eat are whole wheat? If so that's good and that's what you want. How about for protein? You didn't mention anything for that. Make sure to get in your protein numbers as those will help you lose weight. If you aren't a vegetarian lean meats are good for that (chicken, fish, ground turkey, etc.). If you are a vegetarian here's a good source for vegetarian proteins http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20718479,00.html. Hope this helps!
  • jesstay716
    jesstay716 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes I have been tracking everything, since I started up again there's a been a few days I didn't track on here but I also write everything I eat down. As for protein I eat chicken and fish. I have eliminated beef, when I cook something that calls for it I use ground chicken or ground turkey. Whole grain/wheat products is all I use. As for fruits I eat berries and apples, and I know about the sugar so I don't even eat them excessively. Lowfat cheese if needed. Everything has been modified!
  • jesstay716
    jesstay716 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The only "sugar" drinks I have are my morning coffee which I use milk instead of cream and I keep the sugar as low as needed
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Again, are you weighing your food?

How long have you been at 1300 calories? How many days without logging is 'a few'?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Again, are you weighing your food?

How long have you been at 1300 calories? How many days without logging is 'a few'?

The answers to these questions will help