Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Newbie here looking for help

Hi Guys

I have been on My Fitness Pal for a week now and i was wondering if somebody could have a look through what i have been eating and tell me if im going about things the right way. My aim for the first 3 weeks to kick start my progress is eating 1200 calories per day then i will up it to

Any advice?

Replies

• glfernandes828
    glfernandes828 Posts: 101 Member
    Welcome nick! I added you as a friend so accept me so I can check out your diary and tell you my advice :)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    If you want people to give you advice on your diary, you should change your settings to make it public.
  • segacs wrote: »
    If you want people to give you advice on your diary, you should change your settings to make it public.
    its now public thanks

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    If your profile is accurate and you're a 27-year-old male, you're eating far too little.

There's a glitch right now on the mobile app version of MyFitnessPal that's giving absurdly low calorie goals for many people. Try opening up the website on your desktop or laptop and resetting your calorie goals. The lowest it should technically give a man is 1500/day plus exercise.
  • steeheart
    steeheart Posts: 56 Member
    1200 for a man is pretty low. How much do you weigh? And how much do you want to lose?

From first glance it looks like you are eating a lot of fruit. Fruit is good and healthy, but it has a lot of sugar and can leave you feeling hungry. You might want to limit your fruit to only one serving a day, and add in some more protein and fats. But everyone is different! As long as you stick to your calories, you can really eat whatever you want. How have you been feeling this last week?