success despite menopause and thyroid problems

Options
sedmumm
sedmumm Posts: 2 Member
I just wanted to encourage any other women out there who are menopausal or post menopause. Despite that, a very low thyroid function, and a sedentary and stressful job, I found MFP a wonderful support. I joined in September 2014 and have lost 8.5 of the 9 kilos that I needed to lose. That's about 20 pounds; not a lot, but it means that despite being 54, short, and having the metabolism of a tortoise, I am under 140 pounds for the first time in many years. Thanks, MFP.

Replies

• SALSACHICA1
    SALSACHICA1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • carolinelock750
    carolinelock750 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well done you ! this gives me great hope, I had a hysterectomy 4 months ago and I am on HRT. I am on my 2nd day of fitness pal (2nd time around)and hearing your success is very encouraging .Thankyou x
  • pooch1270
    Options
    That's awesome ! I have a low thyroid function too and it's so hard ! Congratulations :)
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    great job :)
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great results! I just went through menopause and the weight seems to be coming off just fine. I'm not happy with the skin on my hands and forearms though. Looks so crepy ugh. It is like my nice skin changed overnight.
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story and congratulations on your success. It is hard to lose weight as we age and have other health issues. I would have been easy for you to resign yourself to being a little overweight, because you have some decent excuses, but you didn't . I think that is really great and very inspiring!
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That is great. I wish you much happiness and good health forever!
  • fit4w8
    fit4w8 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story very motivating. I am 46 and also have a low thyroid function which I take meds for. I need to lose 8 kilos total, it is not alot but doesn't mean it's easy your story and success has motivated me even more.Thank you again :)
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your success and congrats!!!! You are inspiring!!!
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am 53 and I just missed my first period. My body has been feeling bloated. It seems as though my stomach is holding on to the fat. Everything else is getting smaller except for the stomach. My thyroid flucuate, it low, normal, then low again. UUUUUUUUUGH
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!