Snacks and Calorie

Options
neilbo85
neilbo85 Posts: 11 Member
What's a good calorie count for a snack?

Replies

• loladidntdoit
    loladidntdoit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Depends on your calorie goal for the day. I keep snacks around 100-200 calories.
  • neilbo85
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1700
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    For me it varies. If I want a big dinner, I keep my snacks small. But I also like to have a snack every couple of hours, so sometimes most of my calories for the day are snacks. So they will range from 80-150 calories.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Mine always varies. I focus on getting my nutrient requirements and keeping within my allowed calories as priority but depending on the day and the snack, sometimes those help me meet my goals. Mine range from 300-500 calories, when I'm in weight loss
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    For me it varies too but anything under 200 does pretty much nothing to me.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    200-300 calories
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my snacks around 150 calories. Most days I don't have all three snacks. If I have a lighter breakfast I may have a heavier snack in the morning. Overall, I just try to stay within my total daily calorie count or a little under.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Mine are variable and dependent really on what I'm having for meals that particular day...if I'm planning on having a beer or two, etc. My snacks generally range anywhere between 300 - 500 calories.

Many of my meals only clock in around 450 - 500 calories and I have a floor of 2000 calories per day and a ceiling of 2300...so my snacks are often on the higher end and I like to eat a lot throughout the day...mostly the afternoon/evening actually. I'm a late day grazer.
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Fruit is my go to snack. 200 calories is almost a pound of apples. enough to fill anybody up.
  • jhall260
    jhall260 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what I am going to have for dinner and what my exercise looks like for the day. I generally target 100-300 calories.

It also depends on where the calories are coming from. I feel much more satisfied on a 150 calorie protein bar then two Cookies.

Speaking of cookies however I have some girl scout cookies to eat!
  • bbarshel
    bbarshel Posts: 1
    Options
    I keep mine to 100-150 calories and keep the fiber or protein high.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I think it just depends on how you like to eat. I generally only have a banana & coffee for breakfast & a sandwich or something else pretty low cal for lunch, & then like a 500-600 calorie dinner. That leaves me with like 300-400 calories for snacks, which I like because I'm an evening snacker, and I can't live without my after dinner ice cream.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My first mid morning snack is 275..my other snacks I try to go smaller than that.
  • neilbo85
    Options
    Thanks
  • avain01
    avain01 Posts: 1
    Options
    For me, between 100 and 200... When I'm really lazy (which is pretty often), I just eat protein bars. Just googled some snack ideas and protein bar recipes (usually just buying those) :p
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Most of my snacks fall between 90-150 calories.
    The only thing that's higher is my protein bar at 210 calories.