C25K workout for treadmill

Options
Hi all. I wanted to start a C25K program and went in search of some basic data. After playing with the numbers, I worked up an Excel spreadsheet that I am going to use to get me to my goals.

I was trying to copy it onto this posting, but it just doesn't convert well.

If there is anyone that is considering starting a C25K soon and would like a copy to customize it to your goals I will gladly share my sheet if you send me a PM with your Email.

Replies

• dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I would love too, can you explain a little about c25k?
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    I would love too, can you explain a little about c25k?

C25K stands for Couch to 5 KM...it's a 9 week program designed to get you running. There are phone apps which will include a GPS for an extra .99. If you are doing it on your treadmill make sure your incline is set to 1% to mimic the outdoors :happy: I love the program!
  • Jspiffy
    Jspiffy Posts: 15
    Options
    Looks like it's a couch to 5k program can be found here for more info.
    http://www.c25k.com/
  • donbet69
    donbet69 Posts: 133
    Options
    I am sure there are a lot of different sources for these kind of things, my sheet can be modified to suit your personal style of exercise/running.

And yes that is the link I used as a base for the sheet. Too bad the link for C25K for treadmill just brings you to a web page that doesn't convert well or have speeds in it.

So I took that data and set up a sheet that can be personalized, printed and used as a guide as you are running on your treadmill. Thus taking the guess work out of it.

It's a tool I will give to anyone who asks. I'm excited about my new found motivation.
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am sure there are a lot of different sources for these kind of things, my sheet can be modified to suit your personal style of exercise/running.

And yes that is the link I used as a base for the sheet. Too bad the link for C25K for treadmill just brings you to a web page that doesn't convert well or have speeds in it.

So I took that data and set up a sheet that can be personalized, printed and used as a guide as you are running on your treadmill. Thus taking the guess work out of it.

It's a tool I will give to anyone who asks. I'm excited about my new found motivation.

id luv it..i am confused about what speeds to and how much to increase speed when it says run...thx
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Bump! I will appreciate if you could copy and paste your modified version c2gk.
  • Chrissle
    Chrissle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Here is the one I use. It is a free podcast and is super easy because you aren't spending time watching the clock. http://www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html