I have hypothyroidism. Would love to add friends that have this as well.

Options
Having hypothyroidism sucks. I feel like if I'm not 100% perfect with everything, then I don't lose weight. My levels are regulated with meds but I still have symptoms. Mainly fatigue. Eating right and exercise does help with it though. Anyone with hypothyroidism want to be friends?

Replies

• Laineymacksmom
    Laineymacksmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Right here. I have a Multinodular goiter that is messing with me as well. I understand your pain. I'm also 50 so that doesn't help much. I'd love a buddy.
  • knitnrunmj
    knitnrunmj Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 33, but I was diagnosed more than 10 years ago. In those ten years, I've just seen my weight climb. Feel free to add me. Hopefully we can beat this *kitten* together!
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I got the hypo diagnosis at 29. My weight has fluxuated between 209 during my pregnancy and 132... and several places in between. I've had to lose 25 lbs over a summer soooo many times. I've gotten kind of good at it... >_<
  • rachellamella
    rachellamella Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi -I also have hypothyroidism and have been taking meds now for 3 months. Still have many symptoms and weight loss is slow, I lose about a pound a week but that's with plenty of exercise and careful eating. I am thinking about food and calories every hour of my waking day!! Please feel free to add me if you read this - I am happy to connect with anyone with the same issues as me.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just saw this in passing; and thought i'd post a few links to some groups here on MFP for hypothyroidism; might be helpful for advice and/or support from others experiencing the same.. hope it helps

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/753-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/16887-butterfly-chasers

There are probably more as well; you can use the search feature in the communities section with some appropriate keywords to find some)

16434567.png
  • desirae1983
    desirae1983 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi - I have hypothyroidism, also. In July my TSH was 7 and I had a test in February because I have been having dizzy spells, so they ran a bunch of bloodwork, and determined that my TSH was 5. They upped my synthetic synthroid to 75mcg from 50mcg. Some of what I consider to be my hypo symptoms are: dry skin, small, itchy pussed filled bumps on my hands, achy joints, severe muscle cramps, super tired - all the time, grumpy. I had first been diagnosed with hypo in 2005, a month or so after I had my son. Within a year, my levels were normal and the doc told me to stop taking the synthroid. Since then, weight has slowly been creeping up on me. I did Insanity religiously and didn't lose much more than 10 pounds. My body looked different, but I was still overweight. I became pregnant in 2011 and after having my daughter, I was told I have hypo again. I thought that perhaps it was just my hormones being crazy, like they might have been after I had my son, but I haven't been able to get my levels normal since then. These dizzy spells started in February. Since my synthroid has increased (last week of February) my hair is falling out. I wonder what other tests I should request? I am going to a new pcp in April and am looking forward to, hopefully, a more proactive approach to my ailments and weight loss. I would love to have some 'hypo friends' to share this journey with. :)