Which would you choose?

Options
2»

Replies

• KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Neither. I'm allergic to bananas and don't like them anyway. Just the smell nauseates me. When my kids were litte (many eons ago, lol), if they wanted sliced bananas on their cereal, I would hold them at arms length to cut them so I wouldn't have to smell them, and then run and wash my hands immediately. I really hate bananas,
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I'd just go hungry as I don't like banana or banana flavoring.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Banana. Solid food keeps you full longer, and those Yoplaits are not very good, and crammed full of added sugar. Just my personal preference.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    msmillie98 wrote: »
    You are presented with two foods:

1. A banana (170g) - 151 calories
    2. A Yoplait Light Banana Cream Pie Yogurt (170g) - 90 calories

Which would you choose and why?

The yogurt. Although I wouldn't choose that flavor. I hate bananas. The yogurt has many fewer calories and good amount of protein to keep you full for a while.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Banana.

I love bananas whole, but HATE bananas IN things (ie banana bread, in smoothies, etc) and ABHOR *banana-flavored* things (ie yogurt, pudding, ice cream *gag*).

Give me another flavor of yogurt, and my decision would totally depend on what I felt like....maybe even both. :)
  • kiousd
    kiousd Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    The yogurt for sure.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Depends what I needed for the day in regards to my macros. The banana is all sugar, the yogurt is mostly sugar, but probably has a bit of fat and protein in it too. I'd probably take the yogurt.
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'd pick the banana because it'd leave me fuller for a longer time than sugary yogurt could.

But If I had a reaaaal choice... I would rather have some carrots dipped in hummus, or pieces of cheese for a snack.
  • SyzygyX
    SyzygyX Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    A banana only if the banana is still bright yellow and firm. I hate eating mushy bananas. I don't like any yogurt except Greek.
  • SyzygyX
    edited March 2015
    Options
    A banana because I am likely to feel fuller longer. There is no artificial sugars, chemicals, preservatives, etc.

I realize you probably intended "artificial" to modify "chemicals" (I hope), but regardless...

ingredients-of-a-banana-poster-4.jpeg?w=604&h=853

• msmillie98
    Options
    These are the ingredients in the yogurt in case that influences your choice at all:

Cultured Pasteurized Grade A Nonfat Milk, Modified Corn Starch, Sugar, Kosher Gelatin, Natural Flavor, Aspartame*, Potassium Sorbate Added to Maintain Freshness, Acesulfame Potassium, Citric Acid, Colored With Turmeric And Annatto Extract, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3. With Active Yogurt Cultures Including L. Acidophilus. *Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine.
  • SyzygyX
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Mech9 wrote: »
    I'd pick the banana because it'd leave me fuller for a longer time than sugary yogurt could.

But If I had a reaaaal choice... I would rather have some carrots dipped in hummus, or pieces of cheese for a snack.

It would leave you fuller not because of a lack of sugar (bananas have sugar and the molecular composition is negligibly different than things made with white table sugar, like yogurt could be) but because of how the sugar would be processed; fruit sugar doesn't trigger insulin spikes the way a yogurt might, and those spikes often lead people to feel hungry sooner.
  • SyzygyX
    Options
    msmillie98 wrote: »
    These are the ingredients in the yogurt in case that influences your choice at all:

Cultured Pasteurized Grade A Nonfat Milk, Modified Corn Starch, Sugar, Kosher Gelatin, Natural Flavor, Aspartame*, Potassium Sorbate Added to Maintain Freshness, Acesulfame Potassium, Citric Acid, Colored With Turmeric And Annatto Extract, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3. With Active Yogurt Cultures Including L. Acidophilus. *Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine.

That list seems a lot less scary than all the scary chemical words in the banana picture. I'm changing my answer to yogurt!11!one!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    gobonas99 wrote: »
    Banana.

I love bananas whole, but HATE bananas IN things (ie banana bread, in smoothies, etc) and ABHOR *banana-flavored* things (ie yogurt, pudding, ice cream *gag*).

Give me another flavor of yogurt, and my decision would totally depend on what I felt like....maybe even both. :)

Aaaah I thought it was just me. The only thing I like with bananas is banana bread, but I'll probably never crave the stuff. Heck, I typically don't think that bananas are worth the calories either.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Depends on what a person feels like eating, and what's left in the day for calories.

This. Also what else I am planning to eat with it. The circumstances leading to these being my only choices might be relevant too. I might want to save both for later or scarf them down before someone else steals them, who knows.
  • SyzygyX
    Options
    ron-swanson-banana-burger-o.gif
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Banana - fruit yogurt makes me freaking hungry which is annoying.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm craving and if I might need the extra protein.