Fish - Tuna, white, canned in water, drained solids

Options
uvi5
uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
I am trying to use what's in the Mfp database for calories, before I search the internet. I have a can that weighs 8 ounces (weighed while still in can, will weigh out of can when I am ready to prepare it), but it does not have a label. It's been torn off. It says on the metal part of the can itself that it's Albacore, so for my question:

Is this (which I got from the Mfp DB) Albacore? It says "white", so I am not sure?

"Fish - Tuna, white, canned in water, drained solids"

Or is "white" different than Albacore?

Replies

• Oneironaut
    Oneironaut Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The cans I have say "White Albacore" so I think that entry will work for what you've got.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Same thing!

By the way, tuna is a GREAT choice nutritionally. I eat the home-canned stuff and it is wonderful.
  • uvi5
    Options
    Same thing!

By the way, tuna is a GREAT choice nutritionally. I eat the home-canned stuff and it is wonderful.

You can your own tuna! I'm so jealous :smiley: I love tuna, love, love, love it!

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »
    Same thing!

You can your own tuna! I'm so jealous :smiley: I love tuna, love, love, love it!

I have family members who live at the coast and I barter with them--they do the smelly fish canning. I give them canned and fresh tomatoes and green beans in exchange. :)
  • uvi5
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »
    Same thing!

I have family members who live at the coast and I barter with them--they do the smelly fish canning. I give them canned and fresh tomatoes and green beans in exchange. :)

Sounds like a cool deal! I have heard and even seen on cooking shows (like Good Eats with Alton Brown) that there's nothing like fresh home canned tuna, oh and I think tuna from Spain.