MFP Predicted 5 week weight

Options
Hi I'm currently roughly 139lbs and after entering a sample exercise and diet for a day it says that in 5 weeks time i'll be 124.5lbs which is just over a stone weight loss, has anyone's predictions ever been close or even less than what they actually lost? Please share I'd love to know if it works. :#

Replies

• 2015igotya
    2015igotya Posts: 11
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Mine have been accurate before, but really it's just a mathmatical estimation based on your settings. If you are a perfectly standard human being and do everything exactly how you say you will in those settings, then it should be fairly accurate. Most people either aren't a "perfectly standard" human though, or don't log exactly perfectly, so it's bound to off, but it's a good motivator & can be inspiring!
  • vegannewbie101
    Options
    @2015igotya‌ thank you so much ❤️ I noticed you do Zumba, do you use a DVD/Wii or take classes?
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    judging by your diary your eating way too little. so although u 'may' lose that much...it would include muscle mass and u would be missing out on a whole bunch of nutrients. with so little to lose u should aim for 1lb a week max. this would be far healthier and sustainable.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I've actually been wondering this myself. Every couple days I'm writing down the MFP projected weight loss 5 weeks later on my phone calendar. I set an appointment for it so I can kind of track my progress. The numbers at the end of the day are encouraging. :) But I am just wondering how close it will be.
  • vegannewbie101
    Options
    @IAmTheGlue‌ I agree I really hope it's close enough because if I could manage to lose over 10lbs in 5 weeks I would be over the moon
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that would be awesome! :)
  • gainer39911
    gainer39911 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    To lose 14.5 lb (139 down to 124.5) over 5 weeks you would need to sustain a calorie deficit of 1450 per day. Given your age and weight, your basal metabolic rate is only about 1450 calories, so to achieve that weight loss you almost would need to be on a starvation diet. Not a good idea.
    Hi I'm currently roughly 139lbs and after entering a sample exercise and diet for a day it says that in 5 weeks time i'll be 124.5lbs which is just over a stone weight loss, has anyone's predictions ever been close or even less than what they actually lost? Please share I'd love to know if it works. :#

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!