The Struggle

Options
hey everyone. My name is Ashley. I've had a few doctor visits lately and my health isn't so good. I've been trying to get into this new lifestyle of a diet but it's so hard when I'm always on the go. Anyone else in the same boat ?

Replies

• BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Being on the go can be rough but it shouldn't stop you from achieving your goal. Weight loss is 90% of what foods you eat. Every day make a healthier a choice, ease in to this because this is a life style change. "diet" to me sounds so short term so make healthier choices daily.
  • MonoJKA
    MonoJKA Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ferziano wrote: »
    Being on the go can be rough but it shouldn't stop you from achieving your goal. Weight loss is 90% of what foods you eat. Every day make a healthier a choice, ease in to this because this is a life style change. "diet" to me sounds so short term so make healthier choices daily.

I agree well said.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    The only advice I can offer is to suggest you build food you can bring with you or get where you are into your day. I have a microwave at work; I cook or reheat cereal (10-grain cereal, quinoa, or steel cut oats) for breakfast, and I have snap peas and an apple for lunch (with the option of adding hummus, wasa cracker, cheese, deli meat, etc., as necessary). Because I'm pretty sedentary at work, the apple and snap peas do a pretty good job of filling me up.

Find snacks that work for you and build them into your day. You can pre-prep individual portions of various foods. Are you "on the go" in your own vehicle? You can put snacks in a cooler or a chilled lunch bag, if necessary.

I hope you find something that works!
  • killerqueen21
    killerqueen21 Posts: 157 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Ashley, sorry you're having some trouble. I think most people do, starting out. Losing weight is pretty much 100% mental, outside of working out. It can be tough if you're on the go all of the time, but like ferziano said, you can still make better choices with your foods. Start becoming educated about local food places if you eat out a lot, and find the lower calorie options, and choose foods that are nutrient dense. If you can't find anything that you like that is lower in calorie, try practicing portion control. Also try to be as active as you can while you're on the go.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Eat less and move more than you do now. One day at a time
  • emyoungx5
    emyoungx5 Posts: 21
    Options
    "Diet" is the worst thing to call
    It. Life style changes have to be made. Even in the go! Here's my best on the go tip. After you grocery shop "prep" BEFORE you frig it. Chop the veggies cut the fruit. Zip lock portions of nuts ect. Then you are more likely
    To take it with you instead of swinging thru fast food.
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm a sleep deprived crazy busy dad but I manage. You can find the time to eat right and exercise. We all have the same amount of time in the day. You just have to decide if you're ready to make the small sacrifice for you health.
  • milanpalaskar0610
    Options
    hi....iam in your boat toooo......I too felt the same...but u need to b strong really strong:)