cheating over the weekend

Options
I'm wondering if anyone else has issues with junk food over the weekend? I do well during the week but I gain half or all back over the weekend when I can go out with friends or family. Anyone else struggle with this? And how to you get past it?

Replies

• melodyesch
    melodyesch Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I know where we are going and I go to the restaurant website to look at the menu and make my choice as best I can. Even if they have nutritional information available, I estimate 20% higher. I doubt the chef is back there weighing every piece of food. And then I eat very lightly during the day to prepare for my meal out. I will ask for no sauces or butter for veggies and fish. I'm 7 weeks in and that has worked for me so far. I also don't drink calories, so that helps.

I know some people here do weekly calories instead of daily and that seems to work for them well. Eat lighter during the week to eat a little heavier on the weekend.
  • nstock
    nstock Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    ugh! story of my life! I work my 9-5 during the week and pack exactly what i'm going to eat for the day. On the weekend I work a serving job, which means I eat when I get the chance/whatever I can eat. I also enjoy socializing and letting loose a bit on the weekend, who doesn't?! I always try to get to the gym on the weekend still, and will pick my indulgences carefully. Example: only go out one night, if going out for dinner-- stick to water, and enjoy my food, or get an alcoholic drink, and a lighter meal. Just gotta remember not to go too crazy
  • K3rB3ar89
    K3rB3ar89 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i do this alot too lol.. but i dont eat nearly enough that it really really effects me i just know the more i indulge the harder i need to work out too make up for it. What seemed too work for me with this is i would put a cheat day as one of those days where i would go out with my friends and have drinks and bar food ect. i snack on unhealthy things all the time the way i see it is if your willing to work your butt off for that extra snack session why the heck not lol... you do what works for you. if you tried to literally give up all snacking and junk food your gonna drive yourself crazy. moderation is key and if you wanna indulge just be willing too put in the work to burn it off:)
  • Sophsmother
    Sophsmother Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have a tough time with this, too. I don't drink, so that saves me any booze calories, but we always get invited to eat out on the weekends for lunch, dinner, or brunch... It is tough.

I try to save up some calories for those weekend meals and make the best choices, but I don't always succeed on the weekends. I'm just starting this journey and it's already pretty clear that I need to be diligent 7 days a week.
  • rhaerhae13
    rhaerhae13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yeah my problem is eating out with family, Chinese/Mexican is not my friend lol. I do fine during the week cuz like nstock said I take lunch with me to work and theres no snacking. I've finally tackled mindless snacking in the evenings (I think) but weekends are my next hurdle.. Thank you all for the advice! I will try my best to put it to practice this weekend!
  • MizzMaamI1
    MizzMaamI1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yup, I feel like every weekend is cheat central. Just recently had a cheat weekend dragged into the week. Surprisingly I lost weight and didn't gain. So happy dance :)
  • norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes, my solution is to count it on the app and stay under 1,000 calories for outdoor meals. I try to avoid restaurants with no nutrition posted.