I knew it was time for a change when my scale groaned and told me to get off.

Options
Hello all, new guy here looking to become half the man i am .... literally. I am taking the first steps to a healthier lifestyle and am i going to need the support and help ... right after i finish this cupcake kidding kidding.

My name is Scott im 37 years old, 6'5 and weight 390lbs. My goal is right now is just to change my lifestyle. from exercising to eating better portions and more healthier food (although i might have to cheat for pizza). Eventually I would like to be sub 300lbs but i know thats far in the future.

anyways feel free to say hello and keep me company on this journey.

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Welcome Scott, and good look to you on reaching your goal! I started at 350 and am slowly whittling my way into 1-derland.
  • Cabrakan
    Cabrakan Posts: 20
    edited March 2015
    Options
    heya and thanks .... that's awesome good luck to you as well on reaching that :)
  • BadWolf_Rob
    BadWolf_Rob Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Scott, congrats on making the first steps towards your future health. From my short time here, it looks like MFP can provide a great environment to help us all. I wish you the best of luck in reaching your goals.
  • emyoungx5
    emyoungx5 Posts: 21
    Options
    Oh my gosh this made me laugh! Your a funny guy. And that's just what you will need to get through some of the downs. Positive and happy. Granted some of us have smaller goals in mind. Support is so key. Keep that smile and good sense of humor!
  • Cabrakan
    Cabrakan Posts: 20
    Options
    not a bad first day so far, got a salad instead of my normal processed lunchmeat lunch. went for a walk with my dog (i dont know who was more tired me or her) and now some chicken for dinner.

gotta run to the store for some fruit and ill be good to go :smiley:
  • lhessel04
    Options
    Hi Scott! I am also starting my weight loss journey! We can do it!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    So I knew it was time for me to make a change when I got a talking scale and the first time I used it, it said to me “This scale is not intended for livestock use.”
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi Scott! When I would actually bring myself to getting on the scale I was 315. (I couldn't bring myself to get on the scale for the first two months I was working out.) I'm currently 300 and heading downward. I'll be enjoying pizza tonight! (But will stop at two slices then enjoy a large salad instead of eating half a pie like I used to.)

It can be done! Welcome to the first day of the best of your life!