Support for fast food addicts

Options
I am very much addicted to fast food. Any tips on avoiding this nutrition killing habit

Replies

• kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I bought some of the heathier versions for a while (grilled chicken) then was able to wean off and don't crave it anymore. It did take a while to lose the gotta have it feeling though....
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Either don't eat it or find a way to fit it into your daily calories. I just had Jack in the box for lunch. Still losing weight.

71124836.png
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    If you are 'addicted' seek professional help.

Otherwise, the best way to avoid it is most probably not to buy it.

Not that you need to avoid it, but that's another 10-page thread in itself.
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Imagine in your mind that the people making the food carry it around in their trousers before it gets to you.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Either don't eat it or find a way to fit it into your daily calories. I just had Jack in the box for lunch. Still losing weight.

Sounds mean, but that's all there is to it. I had pizza tonight (and will have it for 2 more days, lol).

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. Additionally, if you buy it because you don't have time to cook every day/ night try prepping and freezing meals on the weekend or give a crockpot a try.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I still eat fast food. I am at goal weight now after a long journey to get here. But if I eat a Big Mac for lunch, I know I am going to be eating very light for dinner. In that I've turned into a fresh fruit addict at night.
  • phogbear
    phogbear Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It takes awhile for your tastebuds to change and adapt to reduced sugar diet. Hang in there. Good habits don't replace bad habits over night, in a week or in a month. It took me several months before the sugar cravings went mostly away. Now a small piece of dark chocolate satisifies me.

Taco Bell and Five Guys were always my problem.
  • remus27us
    Options
    I struggle with this too. Also ordering delivery which is not good for the wallet or the waistline! But I echo auddii. If I make a big batch of soup or chili on the weekend and have some easy frozen items I can nuke to mix it up, it's easier to resist the urge to hit the drive through. After working, and on some days going to the gym, I don't get home until eight. By then I'm starving and in no mood to start cooking. Also buying easy healthy snacks that you actually like on hand helps a lot.
  • krislagil
    krislagil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with auddll. I mostly find myself craving fast food or take out when I don't already have food prepared to eat at home so personally, I know I avoid it best when I am consistent with meal planning and meal prep.
  • dinap16
    dinap16 Posts: 2
    Options
    Like most things in life, moderation and balance. There's a survey that proves most obesity is caused from what we purchase at the grocery store. Often we impulse buy, or over buy comfort items. Goal setting helps a lot. Try plsnning ahead. I'll only buy a sandwich, or a salad. Try and share the meal with friends, family. Best of luck to us all.
  • MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Get the better choices available on the menu. Fast Food doesn't necessarily have to be bad as the media makes it out to be.

Ex. Egg white delight, premium grilled chicken wrap with no ranch at McDonald's.
  • nikkilove7070
    nikkilove7070 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Not only is it taste but it's cheaper, and more convenient. I wish healthy foods were reasonable priced.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I can only tell you what worked for me. I just cold-turkey stopped eating it. Not going to lie, it was hard! Now, the one or two times a year I do eat at McDonald's or other fast food, I feel so sick. No longer worth it and doesn't even taste good anymore.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Veering away from the "addiction" term...just work it in in moderation. I have it every Thursday night when I don't eat dinner until 9:30 and try to stay away the rest of the week. I can easily fit a Quarter Pounder or a Whopper into my calories, but with a few accommodations (I no longer get fries, I hold the mayo, and if I have fewer calories I'll go for something smaller).
  • mbennett951
    Options
    makayla140 wrote: »
    I am very much addicted to fast food. Any tips on avoiding this nutrition killing habit
    Oh my goodness girl I'm right there with yuh! Meal prep can't stress it enough. Every Sunday, or whatever day works for you, prep your food for that week. Then the only thing you have to fight is the craving, cause the convenience is already there :)
  • xstephnz
    xstephnz Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to fast food, I had it 4 or 5 times a week. Now I'm using that money to pay for a personal trainer instead.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people actually LIKE the food there. Except the desserts lol.

To me their only benefit is convenience. Other than that I think their food just tastes like *kitten*. I will never understand how mcdonalds gets so much business.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Either stop buying it or preplan a meal that fits your calories and macros before you go.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I don't get why people actually LIKE the food there. Except the desserts lol.

To me their only benefit is convenience. Other than that I think their food just tastes like *kitten*. I will never understand how mcdonalds gets so much business.

I think McDonald's is yummy... Each to their own, no?