UK Snacks

Options
2»

Replies

• shaunelliswv
    shaunelliswv Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Spicy cottage cheese on Rivita is great , protein pancakes with raisins and if you have been extra good , grate some dark chocolate on it. My favourite is chocolate protein powder mixed with oats and peanut butter in a shaker . Mmmmmmm mouth dribble
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I get a Graze box every other week. They have a light option, so I get 4 punnets below 150 cals to work through. My favourites are the jerky, the peanut butter dip, and the spiced pear mix. Yum.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Make a load of turkey meatballs and thai style fish cakes and keep in the fridge for snacking. They're FULL of protein and low cal.

Nuts are good, but very high in cals, beware!
  • hh07
    hh07 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I discovered Golden Wonder Ringos in both salt and vinegar and cheese and onion flavour. They are 67 cals per bag so a lot better than most crisps.

I also like cheese strings at around 60 cals each.

Fruit wise I go for mini (the childrens') clementines or blueberries.

Sometimes I have baby plum tomatoes or cucumber sticks in homemade dip comprising low fat yoghurt, salt, pepper and some mint sauce.

Tesco do mini bags of sweet popcorn at about 80cals a bag for a sweet hit.

Beef jerky takes ages to eat as it's so chewy and as long as you don't get one in a sugary marinade, it's pretty much all protein.
  • hh07
    Options
    Also I slice and freeze banana - whizz it up in the nutribullet with a splash of almond milk for instant 'whippy' style ice cream (about 100cals a go for a small-medium banana)
  • hh07
    Options
    Also jaffa cakkes are 49 cals each - a good 'biscuit' alternative
  • charlie_anne
    charlie_anne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ryvita and laughing cow extra light cheese triangles are my favourite savoury crunchy snack
  • beckickles
    Options
    Even more great ideas. I obviously need to think out of the box a bit x
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    ancassell wrote: »
    Aldi do really nice fruit bars in several flavours, at just under 100 cals each. They're only £1.49 for a pack of six.

I love these, particularly the Date and Orange ones. High sugar though.

They also do a snack pack of Walnuts, Dates and Figs that I love for 35p.

The Danone Danio yoghurts with the fruit layer are good for people who don't normally like yoghurt - very creamy and very sweet.

And my favourite treat - Lick Frozen Yoghurt!