Do you skip workouts if you are not feeling well?

Options
jt880
jt880 Posts: 163 Member
I've had the worst allergies this week with the big thaw. Thought about skipping today but I pushed through it anyway and feel worse. How do you guys deal with this?

Replies

• MizzRedskin804
    MizzRedskin804 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I skip a workout day if i'm feeling miserable or really sore and just pick back up the next day. Hope you feel better!
  • grandma107
    grandma107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body, always. Hope you feel better. Blessings.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Yup, I skip. No need to punish yourself!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Yes. If I'm not well , I know I'm not going to give it my all anyway. So I listen to my body and stay home when needed.
    ( my allergies have went crazy since Saturday . as soon as it got a little warmer here in jersey , I felt bad really fast. My doctor predicted that this allergy season will be very bad in the north east )
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've had a sore throat and been really tired for a couple days. I pushed through my workout yesterday but I'm thinking I shouldn't have. I was cranky during and after and just wasn't into it. I'm taking tonight off for sure though.
  • Angie4rmdOC2IE
    Options
    Depends how sick I am. But if I am sick I will slow it down and at least get a slow cardio workout something not too stressful.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    depends on how sick i am. If im tossing my cookies or visting the bathroom more often than not i take a day off or so to recover. if im just stuffy or just not feeling normal i still go and do something and hit the sauna for a while.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I agreements listening to your body and knowing your limits. If I'm feverish or having stomach problems I'll skip. Head colds I'll usually just take it down a couple notches. I had a head cold last week so I just did some light yoga and walked instead of ran.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Given how important sleep is, I’ll opt for sleep over a workout if I’m not going to be able to give my all at the gym or the box.
  • KingRat79
    KingRat79 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    no, I haven't skipped a work out due to ill health, then again I'm fairly healthy and haven't really been sick in the last few years. in any case unless I am on deaths door I would still prefer to workout but just use the opportunity to have a de-load week
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    It's up to the individual but I've always found that the workout helps me feel better. So I've never skipped one due to being sick/under the weather. But I'm not very bright either.
  • barbiereynolds701
    barbiereynolds701 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ben slightly stuffy for a couple days but haven't missed any workouts yet. If my allergies kick in tho I'm out! Been taking allergy meds just incase the thaw here is bad
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Depends on the "not well".
  • phogbear
    phogbear Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'll do a light workout if I'm not feeling up to it. A light jog or walk the dog an extra couple of miles. I hate missing workouts, but I've made things worse by not listening to my body as others have said. Don't do what I did!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I listen to my body. I've gone to the gym with a fever before and my Aunt yelled at me for putting other people at risk of getting sick. There are days when I don't feel good and I tell myself to just go to the gym, but do whatever I feel like-even if it's not on the agenda for the day. Sometimes, I know I just can't go, and don't.

• wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Pfft. When I'm feeling ill, I usually skip about 6 months of workout days. I'm bad at this.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    as long as im not coughing or sneezing or otherwise expelling nasty germs, and i feel up to it, i go. i can wipe down a machine super good, but if stuff is coming out, stick with a walk (or something else away from people) or just rest if thats what you need! LOL
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If I'm sick I skip, or take it easy. I don't skip when my allergies are kicking up -- I don't consider this being sick.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yes! If you are hurting or feeling sick, give your body a rest and drink plenty of water.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I skip even when I'm well